Big Poppa Wheelie Poppa

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Pofke13LT, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Pofke13LT

Pofke13LT Guest

So I blew out my tire in the rear, and decided to replace the whole wheel with a smaller one to lower the center of gravity a bit [I accidentally revved a little to high when crossing the road and popped a huge wheelie throwing myself off the bike]... Heres a before picture to give you an idea:

Got a 20" BMX wheel with a lotta spokes and started riggin it up, only thing was with so many spokes I had a hard time gettin all the bolts through.. Would it be super dangerous to not have a few bolts in? I couldnt fit 3.

Then I replaced the little 16" wheel up front with a 26" and thats when things started getting interesting... Since I was a little too lazy to adjust the banana seat, the new setup was even worse than the previous setup because it was reclined WAYYYYY back..

Now to top things off I put my larger sprocket, 44 tooth maybe ?? Is there something over 50 teeth?? Anyways, The sprocket is huge for that wheel and I was thinking it would have some mad torque or something.

I took it for a test drive down the block, and as I started motoring I noticed it felt awfully weird steering it... I look down and realize why: The front wheel wasnt touching the ground, I had been doing a wheelie the whole time! lol
    ^^ And thats why ^^ :)

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

you a madman and i luv it :evil:
  3. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

your going to kill yourself on that thing, lol
  4. jeffspeeder

jeffspeeder Guest

that thing has gone through alot of changes since i seen it on that last post. its sweet i like it thow
  5. Haggard

Haggard Guest

ain't nothin shines through like initiative .. hats off to you and keep it up my friend
  6. Pofke13LT

Pofke13LT Guest

Thanks guys! I'm glad you guys are liking it.. I'm figuring out a way to make it so the frame points the fork forward instead of straight down.. Today after work I'm gonna drop the seat down and adjust the angle so its out of La-Z-Bo y mode :shock:
  7. Pofke13LT

Pofke13LT Guest

This is the guy that sits with me in the garage and keeps an eye on me to make sure I'm not slacking. :smile:

8. This thread made my morning. Love that bottle!
  9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

THAT'S what I'm sayin' man! Mad, crazy engineering from the backyards and garages of America; it's like a new revolution... hearkening back to the earliest days of engines and bikes.
    keep it up and keep on rockin'!
  11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yeah right, they look like real tough supervisors :lol:
  12. Pofke13LT

Pofke13LT Guest

Hey guys thanks for all the compliments! I just inherited 3-4 more bikes and am trying to figure out what the new setup will be like.. Lately have been working fulltime and going to summer classes on my days off so I havent had a chance to even ride my bike this summer, but once im done with class and actually have free time I'm gonna start on the next Frankensteiner..

Any ideas or suggestions for the new one?? Some diagrams would be cool. It has to be intresting though.. I have three adult mountain bikes and a kids bike to work with.. Maybe a limo-trike?