Bike Motor Parts Kit... Question?

Discussion in 'Spare Parts & Tools' started by occchopperfl, Feb 26, 2013.

1. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Hi All,
    Long time no post...not sure if this is the right section to post but...

What do you guys think about reviving the BMP Kit?

I have one of his last and newest kits...

a. Friction Drive
    b. Chain Drive (option)
    c. Belt Drive (option)

I was thinking about sourcing the parts and making the kit...

Can I get some input if there is a need?

Thank you.

- OccChopperFL

2. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Theres a need, since they went out of business I've bought 2 statons and would have bought 2 BMPs. Its because of BMPs price and quality plus the chain drive option I would have chosen BMP. Back then I think BMP was $119 and staton was like $179. You can do it but choosing your suppliers for price, quality and reliability to deliver is important. Right now theres really only 2 options staton or DAX, chinese kit is not an option for me. Both of those vendors are offering at $149, staton does give you more options in roller sizes though. If I remember right the chain drive option was a $35 upcharge and well worth it on the BMP..........good luck.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

hi darwin. thanks for your input. i dont remember what the retail was for the jackshaft/ chain/ belt drive option, im guessing $79.99. So fellow mb'ers, any other thoughts?
  5. kallsop

kallsop Member

thatsdax has an affordable and reliable friction drive kit, which appears to be a BMP clone, but they claim copyright. Check it out:
  6. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Posted this up in General Discussion. James from BMP is trying to revive his FD kit business with a kickstarter campaign.

The pledge drives last 45 days and with 10 days left he's got a ways to go so I don't know how much support or demand there really is for this sort of thing as far a big market goes. Thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Hi Happy,
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I am happy for James - I hope he gets it going again and does well.
    (just a thought, i wasnt looking to reinvent the wheel.)
    He is on the right track for sure

Lets keep this thread alive...

James - Roadbug - Updates...

Gooooo James!!!
  8. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Hi All!

Long time!

For giggles, I searched his Jame's new Company name, and it looks like he is in business! ??? (NOT SURE)

What do you guys think?
  9. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

10. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

All righty then... glad to chat up with y'all again...
  11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Glad you let us know about the site, great price. Put a heads up in the 4sale section.
    occchopperfl likes this.
  12. motman812

motman812 Member

50cc for FD kit

Is there a 50cc four stroke (I'm guessing either Honda or HS) engine that will fit on the BMP FD kit?
  13. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

14. motman812

motman812 Member

15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Those are nice lil engines motman I just got one. Be aware there's no fuel tank, does have a clutch though. If you buy the tank from them or some where else make sure you get the bracket and 2 bolts that hold it. You can go about 30 miles on that 1.2 ltr tank. I carry a 1 litre fuel bottle to extend the range. Being gravity fed the tank must be above the carb so for me the OEM setup works best. I used a diaphragm carb on one setup and you lose a lil bit of power that way. OEM style carb is best way to go, I think it lets more fuel into the intake then the diaphragm carb..........good luck.
    occchopperfl likes this.