Bike to build

Just don't keep those fenders on it. The Bayside is a decent bike for a starter. I like Kent frames, my current bike started life as a Kent Nazz. Still holding up ok to a Phantom 85.
Much like old cars, what made them so tough is also what made them so cheap: low tolerance (as in a lot of wiggle room so to speak) and a lot of material because thinner steel costs more.

Kent frames are decent. Most of the stuff bolted to them... not so much. I would be looking into upgrading the wheels at some point, but they should get your by for a little while as long as you aren't trying to use a powerful engine or go past 25 to 30mph on the regular.

Kent frames are decent. Most of the stuff bolted to them... not so much. I would be looking into upgrading the wheels at some point, but they should get your by for a little while as long as you aren't trying to use a powerful engine or go past 25 to 30mph on the regular.
Many bicycle manufacturers will sell frames without any components. Now, why the big box bikes brands don't do this is a mystery as it seems the only good part is the frame.

YEP..."Beware the fenders" if they are not properly reinforced from how they come stock from the factory...Don't let this happen to you.

Yup, please do listen to this. Please... 😆

Yup, please do listen to this. Please... 😆
Taught ya quite a lesson, didn't it???...lol...You actually bent the frame on that one making it totally useless...lol...Did you ever finish cleaning out the "racing stripes" from your undies from this one yet???...lol.

Back