Bike Trailer

Wow, thats wild. Someone who build the "bob" trailer out of the bicycle found a use for those "hardtail conversion" shocks.

more upside-down stuff

the top of an "ohio forge" universal tool stand, perfect! i'll be using a top-tube instead of trying to frame-in the whole box, i still have plenty of access tho :cool:

Attachments

• Mvc-026f.jpg
    Mvc-026f.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 754
  • Mvc-025f.jpg
    Mvc-025f.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
Looking good Augie. You'll be doing some welding for sure. Really liking the way it is looking in regards to towing though. Low load c-o-g is key.

Looking good Augie. You'll be doing some welding for sure.
indeed, bob...everything that touches anything else gets stitched. it should be pretty solid when i'm finished, and the metal "bin" weighs a lot less than a similar-sized frame and plywood box would.

Really liking the way it is looking in regards to towing though. Low load c-o-g is key.
if i use the bottom 6" to store spare parts and tools i think i'll get away with it...thanks for the input :cool:

Attachments

• Mvc-032f.jpg
    Mvc-032f.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 737
  • Mvc-031f.jpg
    Mvc-031f.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 874
Last edited:
re fairing: "raptor headlight fairing"

re trailer: ok, i like the lines, but i have no time to do anything else for a week maybe more. to get everything lined up & level i'll build it upside-down starting with the box itself. as i said it'll be a while, but when i'm finished i'll post a final set of pics.

thanks again for all the info and inspiration :cool:

for fun...1940 DIY
med_bed_trailer.jpg

and wow!
pauls_poster.jpg

"teardrop"...this one rocks the house alright: http://autozoo.ru/?p=20153

Last edited:
re: sleeping trailer. Awesome, thanks for the nostalgic photo! I think a good mummy bag in a compression bag would be a better choice and easier to haul, but that is cool. You could put other things in it and take them out before going to sleep in there.

I saw a guy in AZ once bicycling with a huge, boxy 2 wheel trailer, presumeably with everything he owned. I was in awe that he could dare to drive across the state on a bicycle. I never thought till now that maybe he had a motor kit also, possibly on the trailer.

Last edited:
i think that if we can think it up, someone's already done it...except for the assist part...bicycles been rocking the world for a long time, they rock mine, imo our little add-ons' merely extend our range & potential :)

i've hogged the bike-trailer thread long enuff, and started a picture gallery for the rest of the build. i gotta say i've really enjoyed the topic and the research it led to, 'twas a hoot :cool:

here's a parting shot, tho...shane says he'll try it if i build it right :helmet:
Mvc-028f.jpg
seriously, it's not gonna happen ;)

Last edited:
Hey now that's what I'm talkin about. :D One bit of advice I learned as a 12 yo riding my 125 cc Sears Allstate (yeah we could do that in the pre Flinstone days) either the driver or rider should wear a full face helmet. What happened was I was giving my friend a ride on the back when a huge June bug flew in my mouth. My immediate reaction was to spit it out......into my buddies face. :cry: Well, he outweighed me by 40 pounds, and had a hair trigger temper. It wasn't purdy.

I saw a bike like that in a parade once, cobbled from some old dept. store bikes. It was a regular bike in front, with a bike minus front wheel mated to the axle via some custom fab, with another similar fab bike behind it. They had some kind of stabilizer bars going from the forks or stems to the seatpost of the bike in front. It looked like a centipede.

Back