Bike Trailer

Probably not many e models have crossed the AM bridge though:unsure: I don't know how all the regular bikers get across that thing. The grade up to the top of the big span has to be the longest sustained grade in the area for sure.

The inspirational thing flows both ways Augie and you guys over there are on top of the curve for sure.

can you find the trailer in this picture?

MVC-005F.JPG

yup, that's an upside-down triple-tree, just the top half of a cheapo suspension fork. i'm pretty sure the final height will be at the cross-brace on the seat-stays, and that will shorten it slightly too.

edited out all the wild thoughts, and asking the pros' a simple question...does it look possible i may have myself a convertable cargo/passenger trailer? the bike and the mounting points can handle it, but would the trailer & hitch hold up?

how cool if yes, how fun to ponder even if no :cool:

Last edited:
Sure, why not.....you got cut off wheels and a welder. :D Be really cool if you didn't disable the pedals and made them kind of quik attach. Use your rider as a stoker. :unsure:

Great idea on the side bins too. Had kind of the same idea for the next pusher, but couldn't find suitable containers. That would do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a trailer & i LOVE it! both pedal and gas tracking test A+...the hitch-point wound up 3" above and 1" in front of the axle...this is going to work, alright...now i have to take my time framing it in, and detailing the hardware, then some paint. i have a surplus steel 12G coaster wheel stripped down to axle cones & bearings, and i'm gonna get another "marathon"...geez i haven't been this pumped in a long time...

THANK YOU to all the posters for all the inspiration :cool:

Attachments

• Mvc-008f.jpg
    Mvc-008f.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 342
I cut off a lawn mower handle to mount on my rear axle then I intend to sleeve it with heater hose and clamp it with hose clamps then attatch that to the bottom of my plastic storage box with bolts and flat washers...bend flex turn should be NP.

I have 2 of those plasic truck storage boxes (like the largest ones wal mart sells) I could join the two with a 4X4 bolted end to end then put 26" front tire wheels on with angle brackets mounted to the 4X4. Make like a 6 foot long trailer outta the thing keeping the engine on the bike. I'd be able to get ALL my camping gear in that thing LOL! Hafta go slow or figure a way to make a brake on the trailer altho most of the camping gear is light I know me and the bike would outweigh the trailer. I'd also be able to easily haul extra fuel in there as well. I could also put a solar panel on top with a small car battery I already have an inverter just to run my laptop on I know that's getting to be a lot of weight but I intend to go slow no hurry here.

trailer

I use this trailer that I purchased on Ebay to take the EziRide Cycles motor kits to the Post Office.It works just fine.

Attachments

• Eziride Cycles Australia motorised motorized bicycle Picture 150.jpg
    Eziride Cycles Australia motorised motorized bicycle Picture 150.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 305
ya gotta love the double-kickstand for stabilizing a trailer, eh? i have a whizzer stand, it's as heavy-duty (and as heavy) as the rest of my chassis, but...

george' said:
I know that's getting to be a lot of weight but I intend to go slow no hurry here.
yup me too! i'm down to the 12T drivegear (engine) and 36T chainring (human) but i
don't care, because i know i'll get there :)

ps, mabman: i had a great time in astoria...it was the first time i'd had a good look around, thanks for the tour! :cool:

Attachments

• astoria-megler_bridge.jpg
    astoria-megler_bridge.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Six friends and I rode across that bridge on our bicycles in the very early morning of June 16th, 1972, as the final leg of a ride from the California border to Washington up US 101. Then we turned around and rode back to Astoria, and home to Molalla that same day. That was a great trip, only got rained on once near Newport.

"the bridge"

an unforgettable experience...look how long you've retained the memory ;)

and, a perfect example of why i want/need to develop this inline trailer...where the heck would i put another wheel on that bridge, eh?

Back