Bought the kit without a bike, now I'm here for your amusement...

and am contemplating modifying an old propane bottle,

Great minds think alike, I have a few empty camp lantern propane tanks, and that's the first thing I thought of using. The idea is not scrapped it was just trumped by the air tank (which I discovered yesterday is stainless steel).

I think my main problem with the "peanut tank" is that it tries to replicate a motorcycle, while what we are building are motorized bicycles, I see no need to try to make it look like a motorcycle, I want it to be a bicycle.

Or you could simply mount that peanut tank on a rack...

Been trying to avoid a rear rack for my personal aesthetics, but I think the tank does look better on the back. Maybe instead of a 3/4 wheel length rack, maybe a rack off the back that only extends 6"-8"... hmmm...

I think my main problem with the "peanut tank" is that it tries to replicate a motorcycle, while what we are building are motorized bicycles, I see no need to try to make it look like a motorcycle, I want it to be a bicycle.

Been trying to avoid a rear rack for my personal aesthetics, but I think the tank does look better on the back. Maybe instead of a 3/4 wheel length rack, maybe a rack off the back that only extends 6"-8"... hmmm...

Yup...I totally agree. A shorty rack sounds like a good idea, let us know what you come up with.

Well, I got the bike put together last night... sans motor. So I'm riding it around today to make adjustments and then start engine installation soon!

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

Back