brand new PHATMOTO engine ceased after 2 miles.... replacement ideas/advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i have the motor that comes with the phatmoto rover, which i believe is a lifan 79.5cc motor. gasbike dosent sell any parts for it and told me i have to replace the whole motor.

but it will be a cold day in hell before i buy anything from them again... so thats why im looking for a replacement from somewhere else if i cant fix the one thats on it now.
You said that it has no compression correct? Is the decompression valve on the motor stuck open?
Im betting its a bent valve. As I dont think the cylinder or any of that is bad. It looks like a honda gx100 clone. That or the value guild slipped out and isnt letting the valve close completely

id check everything before id spend cash on new motor. Becuase chances are its a simple fix

You said that it has no compression correct? Is the decompression valve on the motor stuck open?
Im betting its a bent valve. As I dont think the cylinder or any of that is bad. It looks like a honda gx100 clone. That or the value guild slipped out and isnt letting the valve close completely

id check everything before id spend cash on new motor. Becuase chances are its a simple fix

thanks, i dont think it has a decompression valve... and i couldn't find any demonstrations about bent valves that dealt with similar motors. and i couldn't find anything on value guild troubleshooting... the reason i say it has no comprssion is becuse when i pull the string its much too easy and there are no motor sounds when i pull it...

Is the recoil starter broke? Check that too. If you pull the plug and look into the hole as you pull the cord then you should see the piston raise.

Could you make a video trying to start the motor? That would help us a lot. Also check valve clearencez

Could you make a video trying to start the motor? That would help us a lot. Also check valve clearencez

i made the video but its not letting me post it here.. i tried converting the .mov file to mp4, it still wont let me attach it.. does this website support video? whats your email i can email it to you

Lets see if this works

Try getting some starter fuild. Just take off the filter and spray it into the carburator. If it kicks over its the carb that need cleaning. Just take one step at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back