LF-152f-3 now retired or discontinued whats next engine PHATMOTO should offer

newt92183

Local time
11:40 PM
Ok so was bored researching into any info on the engine that comes factory with phatmoto lineup and came across a fairley well hidden page (well hidden to me anyways) it had a list of there retired or discontinued engines and well the lf-152f-3 was first on the list only difference was it had a q at the end so it was lf-1523-3q but its exactly same as whats on my bike minus gas tank and diff breatherbox.

Now maybe just maybe I dont know what Im talking about here, also maybe most of you guys already know this and its old news, also the q on the end could mean some other distinct version of the lifan 79cc to be honest I dont know all I know is what was written on that page

So with the psa (sorta) out of the way lets ponder a sec we know the motor is underpowered for what most of us want in a ride, and we also know its prob not a good idea to throw something much more powerful onto our girls for fear of breaking the frame and most likely some parts of our bodys as well, but I for one think it would be awesome to see them atleast offer 2 engines for us to choose at time of purchase, think about it, it dont make a lot of since to offer only one underpowered engine for both the rover and the all terain, AT with its slightly larger frame and larger rim and tires has to weigh more than the ROVER it has to and isnt it supposed to be made of a thicker aluminum than the ROVER, what say you guys.

yeah after a bit of break in time i also did the zip tie bypass, but removed it a couple mins later, prob with that is its not an actual bypass its only a hack and honestly all it will do is cause a person to destroy there motor, if speed is what your after i tok a 36 tooth cog i had laying around from my yd 100 build and bolted it into place of the factory 50 tooth, gained a lot more speed that way but have to help it out more initally when taking off.

also though the new cog was also steel it was no weres as thick and strong as the oem cog but it works for now, I also swapped out my chain for a better one i had here already.

Seems like a way overpriced bike that doesn't perform. The guy I watched had his governor bypassed for years and he never had an issue other than the clutch which he just lubed up good with grease and never had an issue again. He mentioned the forks were garbage too but seems like it was at least a very reliable bike

Phatmoto still uses 152f3 79cc and offers them separately as replacements. However, lifan 154f 105cc is a direct swap with only the possibility of having to remove maybe 0.05mm from the crank to ease clutch installation (some need that, some don't). Otherwise, it's a direct drop-in replacement. A bit more hp and torque than 152f.

Phatmoto still uses 152f3 79cc and offers them separately as replacements. However, lifan 154f 105cc is a direct swap with only the possibility of having to remove maybe 0.05mm from the crank to ease clutch installation (some need that, some don't). Otherwise, it's a direct drop-in replacement. A bit more hp and torque than 152f.
Hey there I registered this website solely to talk to you. I have a fat Moto and I believe that the piston rings are shot. I almost bought a replacement 152 3Q, but I really like your answer here about the 154 f replacement. I've got next to no tools I'm very poor as a matter of fact homeless, and getting the right thing to fit the first time is essential to me. Among other problems I'm having with it I'll limit it to the engine here. The bolt pattern at the bottom of the 154 will fit the mounting plate integral to the fat Moto? Is that what you're saying?

Hey there I registered this website solely to talk to you. I have a fat Moto and I believe that the piston rings are shot. I almost bought a replacement 152 3Q, but I really like your answer here about the 154 f replacement. I've got next to no tools I'm very poor as a matter of fact homeless, and getting the right thing to fit the first time is essential to me. Among other problems I'm having with it I'll limit it to the engine here. The bolt pattern at the bottom of the 154 will fit the mounting plate integral to the fat Moto? Is that what you're saying?
Yes, the 152 and 154 are the same block, just one has a bigger bore and some case reinforcement.

Flathead briggs should be offered with phatmoto
I hear ya, Ive got a couple older engines recently to try and revive and 1 just hppens to be an old flathead, if i can get it running and then dolled up enough to look worthy of being on the bike, last thing id want is to have to try to hide it because of all the rust and oil lol, but man never knows out of the 5 4 stroke engines ive recently got gifted to me it may very well be last man standing. honestly I just want something different than what came with the bike.

Seems like a way overpriced bike that doesn't perform. The guy I watched had his governor bypassed for years and he never had an issue other than the clutch which he just lubed up good with grease and never had an issue again. He mentioned the forks were garbage too but seems like it was at least a very reliable bike
Honestly I would had agreed 100% with you on that, if I hadnt of been in market for another bicycle to build another 2stroke (at this point ive lost count of how many I actually own it varys from day to day ) when I just happened to came across the 2023 Phatmoto clearance and seen the rover at $499.00. now to me thats still a decent chunk of change esp to be spending on fun. so right now a 2024 rover goes for.... holdup was just looking on there website to quote accurate price and get this right now as of 12/23/2023 you can get either phatmoto bike the rover or the all terain on presell for $799.00, each seems odd but ok, and they go on to state that after the sale is over both bikes will be 1399.00 each, and with there limited edition all terrain there asking 1699.00, shew im glad I didnt fall for the 2024 versions I like the paintjobs they have to a point, but one version of the american flag is to bright in my opinion, point I was trying to get at was to me they were and are decent to good not great options imo at the 499.00 range maybe a bit more. Imo I dont see them being able to actually charge an arm and a leg for there bikes like they have been and continue to plan on doing for the simple facts they offer 0% customer support (atleast in my situation) fail constantly at meeting delevery dates and deadlines they there selfs set up, but the worse is this one the fact they have and will continue to send bikes out the door on there way that arrive to customers with known problems or known faulty equipment, come on seriously why would you ever send something out the door from your business with warped forks or leaking tank or any number of issues ive read about. ok so Ive gotten off my topic here again as usual I appologize people it just sucks to take a ride this morning and like every ride I can only run my bike about half throttle any more with the way my forks arrived twisted and well it will one day cause someone to get hurt, but im hoping to buy a set soon as able esp before spring though I shouldnt have to bikes should come standard with non defect parts, as well as there customer support option should actually support a customer not try to belittle them or well they should just try to work with us not beat us and ignore us in attempt to run down the clock, but good news is theres slowly been a trickle of diff builders bikes hitting the market here and there.

Back