broken carb

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by 1max, Sep 1, 2014.

1. 1max

1max Member

My carb broke where it attaches to the intake.I put JB weld on it will it hold? the carb kept blowing off the intake so I tightened it real tight.if not is there a easy cheap replacement?

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

you might get it to work that way, but I just ordered 3 carbs from BGF for under $10 each

3. 1max

1max Member

is BGF on online company and how do I order .the JB Weld was $9

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just get a new carburettor and your problems will be solved in an instant.

5. 1max

1max Member

I think I'm going to I'm waiting for Crassius to tell me how to get ahold of BGF to get a new carb.I have one concern though if I go over 20 miles per hour the old carb was blowing off am I going to have the same problem with a new one? could it be back pressure from the exhaust and should I take off the end cap on exhaust?

6. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

7. 1max

1max Member

looking for a 48 CC 2 stroke carb will check out thanks

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  8. 1max

1max Member

can't find a carb to match it has a D on it and the serial number is C 32cns66 epa 48cc GT2B

9. butre

butre Well-Known Member

the CNS carbs are junk, that NT carb posted above will suit you better

10. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

yes, yes, backpressure from the exhaust is the issue...never mind the fact that it isnt, it sounds good :)

only carb i ever had "pop off" was the mikuni vm18 because its rather hard to get a 22mm bore to clamp to a 17mm pipe... sorted it out, then the air filter was the hassle. sorted that out, and put it back on the shelf as being completely pointless, being 2mm larger than the intake manifold (18mm throat carb on a 16mm ID manifold? why? someone, please tell me WHY?) and just generally being a... a... female dog :) $70 odd, that at least i bought for a completely different engine but was worth trying while it was lying around...

butre answered all questions. do what he says. generic NT carb. push on all the way. numbers? what numbers? you just get on ebay and look for "motorised bike carb", and avoid any that say "speed" or "high performance" as they just cost more and do less ;)

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Not a chance

You will find that there are other issues causing this problem. Get yourself a new intake tube an a new carburettor and your problems will be solved in an instant.

That would be a very silly thing to do, because you'll only destroy your hearing as well as making a complete nuisance of yourself in the neighbourhood with massively annoying and horrendously loud exhaust noise.

12. 1max

1max Member

I solved my carb problem it was too hot of a spark plug pre ignition was blowing it off and I used pipe straps to hold my carb on after I broke my carb so I'm running thanks

13. HeadSmess

glad its fixed but its also IMPOSSIBLE for "pre-ignition" to affect the carb in ANY WAY on a two stroke...

14. 1max

1max Member

impossible or not it is running perfectly now

15. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's impossible but I've sure never seen it

16. 1max

1max Member

understandable but I put a cooler spark plug in and I straped the carb on with a pipe strap and it's working great

17. HeadSmess

the pipe strap is the key ;) jam that carby on and retain its position with whatever works! (except any type of adhesive) even the hand works in extreme cases... limping home after the clamp screw falls out :jester:

definitely impossible. the carb goes into crank case. the transfers connect combustion chamber to crankcase. either way, theres a port thats closed preventing it at all times! then the carb, being basically an open tube unless the throttle is closed...how can that build up the several PSI necessary to pop itself off? logic, physics, and basic two stroke design deems it impossible.

vibration, on the other hand... that makes them fall off in the first few metres :wacko:

preignition will be caused by a(n extremely) hot plug, of that im all to well aware :) but it presents itself as losing power and to all purposes and intents, feels like the engine is seizing up...until its cooled down that little bit and everything returns to "normal"... then it repeats the process as soon as it heats up again. quite amusing really :) the piston has to try and compress an expanding gas... just like overly advanced ignition. which is what pre-ignition is, just caused by too hot a plug, or carbon/sharp edges etc getting hot enough to set the mix on fire before its time, rather than a spark from the ignition.

not being smart, just stating the facts. i dont deny that youre up and running again :)

btw, what was the plug you HAD, and what do you have NOW?