Broken exhaust, can it be fixed?

artmaker

Local time
4:19 AM
Ok, one day I dropped the bike while putting it back in the garage. Broke the mirror but apparently nothing else. Oh the bicycle chain came off, easily put back.
Few test runs all seemed fine.

Took a 6 mi trip and noticed the motor sounded louder than normal. Thought maybe the muffler got loose? Got where I was going, let it cool down and nope, all was tight.

It wasn't until the next day about to mow the grass when I found some metal part on the lawn. Low and behold it came from my exhaust pipe.

SO..... two photos, one of the bike, one just of the end of the exhaust.

Easiest thing one would think is buy a new exhaust. Except I had to have this one custom bent. My neighbor had a torch and bent it to fit but darn near flattened it at the same time so I hesitate to try this again.

IF this is at all fixable, please let me know. OR is bending a skinny pipe like mine something a car fix it shop with a pipe bender can do? Not sure they can handle such skinny pipes.

OR.... ha.... is there such a thing as a flex pipe exhaust? If so post a link to such a beast.

Thanks.

IMG_0490.JPG

Dang it, I have two pictures ON my computer and can't figure out how to include them. I'll post this now and edit once I figure this thing out.
All you need to do is make another post and click the attach files in lower left hand corner of the box when posting and search for where your pics are on computer and just double click them to add to the post.

The screw or nut on the bottom probably just vibrated loose and fell out...Find another screw to fit it and screw it back on should be all you might have to do.

OMG you are right! I lost a nut. Just gotta figure out what size and get a new nut. TOO COOL.

Next, all that carbon. As long as the thing is apart would there be any reason or benefit in trying to clean this thing out?

OMG you are right! I lost a nut. Just gotta figure out what size and get a new nut. TOO COOL.

Next, all that carbon. As long as the thing is apart would there be any reason or benefit in trying to clean this thing out?
Thats why Gordy mentioned to just remove that tube...It will also give you increased exhaust flow with less restriction.

Back