Crashes Brother got ran over by a pompous fool in a hurry

Urban I hope your Bro is feeling better, Getting hit SUCKs

One of my M/C friends got T boned by a Drunk Driver this past Saturday morning
He's in the Hospital induced coma and his leg was amputated
We try to be careful and something like this happens 😢
Hopefully your friend wakes up soon. Sadly being careful only gets you so far when others aren't being careful

You need 360* vision and be clairvoyant when you put yourself out on the road exposed on any sort of bike.
I don’t know if it’s correct or not but I assume they’re all gonna come at me. I do not trust traffic signals, traffic signs, or rules of the road to protect me or to guide other drivers into making correct decisions.

You need 360* vision and be clairvoyant when you put yourself out on the road exposed on any sort of bike.
I don’t know if it’s correct or not but I assume they’re all gonna come at me. I do not trust traffic signals, traffic signs, or rules of the road to protect me or to guide other drivers into making correct decisions.
Nothing is a 100%; you can do everything right and still be injured. However, obeying traffic laws, using correct cycling techniques, being aware/alert, using defensive/courteous driving, having communication lighting/horn, mirrors, and routine maintenance checks/repairs will greatly increase your chances of not being in an accident.

Nothing is a 100%; you can do everything right and still be injured. However, obeying traffic laws, using correct cycling techniques, being aware/alert, using defensive driving, having communication lighting/horn, and mirrors will greatly increase your chances of not being in an accident.
I really hate the term defensive driving, that implies that there is also offensive driving. People just don't give themselves enough time to get to where they are going and are in a hurry, which causes accidents.

I really hate the term defensive driving, that implies that there is also offensive driving. People just don't give themselves enough time to get to where they are going and are in a hurry, which causes accidents.
Watch any Nascar race and you'll quickly discover yes there is defensive and offensive driving.

that implies that there is also offensive driving
Not just implied, but actually IS, we see it here in the states all the time...These are the folks that immediately go into road rage meltdown...They are the extremely aggressive, mad at the world drivers that either yank folks from their vehicles or off their bikes and either beat them to a pulp, stab, or shoot them for daring to be sharing the same roadway with them...lol...There is not a day that goes by that an incident like this is not in our daily news.

Defensive driving (riding) is the only way to ride a M/C,

Don't put yourself in a pinch point, don't ride in drivers blind spot, always assume cars don't see you, obey traffic laws,
watch you mirrors, at red lights flash your tail/stop light as car's come for a stop behind you, etc the list goes on
Cutting Traffic on a M/C is legal in CA. and many other states
Cutting traffic increases you risk of accident by 80% and should only be done when cars are at a crawl or stopped
pass these cars @ 3 mph faster,
Loud Pipes is one way to get drivers attention in traffic,
But loud pipes also scares drivers making them swerve and not always away from you but into you

I find out in rural areas I motion cars behind me to slow and when to pass, and most respond immediately.

But, once just last week a fool came uo behind me, and was moving to pass, stopped when I waved him back, I was going over a hill, another car coming just as I crested!

He waited till I waved him past after that.
Should have stopped and slapped him, a little offense deserved.
🤬

I know not doing regular maintenance checks and timely repairs is another big contributor to vehicle accidents. I've had a family member who's wheel came off her car while driving due to neglecting a bad CV joint in the front suspension system.

Back