Discussion in 'General Questions' started by stude13, Dec 15, 2008.

1. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi jim; i saw on the news its 3degrees in bellinghan. north bend is a lot warmer at 16. brrrr. will you and paul try to go the haines ak. run? be well, mitch

2. JE

JE Guest

BRRR. It's going to be 13 degrees in Woodburn tonight. I fired the Whizzer up an did a few cookies in the driveway to satisfy my inner child tonight.....:grin5:
  3. alex

alex Guest

What's cold like?
    It's currently 74 degrees and tomorrow we have a high of 82.
    I mowed my yard today!!
  4. mabman

mabman Member

Yup, it's colder than a well diggers arse for sure. The 20 car pileup Saturday night up the street was an event also.

The problem is that folks here don't know snow. I do and act accordingly by staying close to home and working in the man cave on the bike.
  5. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Cold aint the word for it. 18 degrees on the thermometer and 40mph winds so I guess with wind chill 3 degrees is probably right. I'm with mabman, stay in the mancave, heater on, thermos of hot buttered rums and tinkering with the 4 stroke kit. That is much more fun than being outside.
  6. graucho

graucho Active Member

-4 high today with 32 mph winds. This just isnt rite.... Where's Al Gore? Send him over
    so I can kick him in the noogs. Global warming, HA!
  7. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Mabman, that cargo bike of yours is really cool. It makes me want to build one of my own...
  8. mabman

mabman Member

This cold snap has nothing to do with Al Gore. The cold air is coming down from Canada. Blame it on them if you have to blame it on somebody! Or Homeland Security should be stopping it at the border the very least.
  9. graucho

graucho Active Member

:sunny: LOL, good one!
  10. mabman

mabman Member

Go for it. Jim G made that one out of parts and pieces and I suppose you could also? Or wait until we get our frame act together and fab up one from there?
  11. mabman

mabman Member

Well I mowed mine last week. 80's makes me :sweatdrop:
  12. JE

JE Guest

Yep I agree stay in the man Cave.After i spent my 2 minutes outside with the whizzer it was back into the garage and and start working on a few things on the Whizzer then worked on the 1949 Colson 1937 Shelby and 1939 Elgin Bicycles. I might build the 49 Colson into a Whizzer for next years Rally.
  13. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

yesterday, sunday morning, 5:00 am, it was 55 degrees , here in southeast Kansas.
    today at 5 am, it was 8 degrees, with sleet.

16 now, with snow & ice on the way.

not to'll be back toward the 50's by next weekend.
  14. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

too cold
  15. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

It was in the low 60s here today, but Tuesday into Wednesday they are calling for rain to change to snow and ice. Yuk. :ack2:
  16. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

I really hate cold weather, it's even worse for me when it's cold and wet.
    In 1996 I had a motorcycle wreck that left me with 72-96 fractures. The traumatic arthritis from those broken bones just about kills me in the winter. I'm the only person that I know of who actually likes the summers here in Memphis and I don't use an air conditioner either.
  17. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Cold yeah, but still better than early treat we got in New England.

Powers back on!
  18. Even frozen here is cold and "wet". It's pretty dry right now but it still feels colder than the midwest at these temps!

RATRODER Guest

Hey Dave I think we got some of your nasty weather,1/4" ice on my deck.
    I wish you would keep it in Kansaw where it belongs.:devilish:louis
  20. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

haha...we got about an inch & a half of snow, over night.
    I did my best to send it toward the northeast, just for you!!

like the northeast needs any more of this carppy weather! sorry y'all.