building a motorized bicycle, need help deciding on which motor should I buy?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
He says the engine isn't modified to be qualified as upgraded, but I disagree. Those small changes add enough performance to not call it stock. When I say stock, I mean exactly the way it is right out of the box, which that kit is not with the mods he made.

I bet if you bought a nice schwinn frame, a chinagirl 66cc port it, hd shiftkit and the snake exhaust then jet your carb right and it would hit 45

I'm more focused on making the bike strong, safe and reliable than making it super fast. I still feel the 4 stroke is the more reliable choice.

Well yeah, I only mentioned that because she seemed very interested in those other guys bikes a 4 stroke will always later longer especially when you start modding a 2 stroke like that. Then asking it to rev past 7k.

45 is asking a bit much of any kit engine, if you go non-kit 45 is more easily attainable but the bigger engine and other parts needed will make the bike much heavier and I don't think it will do too well offroad.

those guys do hit 60, watch some of their other videos, they say it in the title. though I am not looking to go 60, I am just saying that 45 wouldn't be difficult to do. I can accept 40, but I need to be able to keep up with traffic if I am going to be on the road. Florida drivers are the worst. I know what you mean about a big engine not doing too well off road, I will consider it. while researching, from what I am reading, a kit engine probably isn't going to be the way to go. I might have to make this a custom bicycle. oh and my current bike is actually a steel frame 70s female schwinn, though I never considered putting an engine on it because I didn't think it would do well...

I can't build you a bike that will do 40 or higher, because I can't guarantee its safety or ability to stop at that speed. I will build you a bike that goes 35. If you need to go faster than that, you're on your own. 40 mph is not a speed I would recommend for someone without any experience riding a motorbike to begin with. Should you choose to have me build you a bike, 35 is the fastest it will go.

The video where they are doing 60mph is not on a motorized bicycle, its on a goped which is a stand-up scooter and I can guarantee you its been heavily modified.

Back