so i bought a set of 10 spoke mag wheels from cdh power can someone help me figure out what else i need

Man as far as Im concerned, you got one sweet ride, Initially I had planned to go with the phantom 85 but at last moment I pulled trigger on amazon for a YD100 complete kit. Trying to wsave a buck.
Oh how nieve i was. I lucked upon some 13x8x3/8s aluminum boxes I pulled from some random dumpster. along with some 1/2 inch stuff as well All to do now is play the waiting game ordered rims 1 wk ago today but my calipers and my 203 rear rotor gets here today. do you guys advise upgrading bearings before installation, oh and 1 other thing I was told by seller to buy a specific 22t sprocket for the bike side, is single speed as good as it gets for the bicycle side of things.
Oh do I need a dif chain I had planned when removing derailer to cut origional chain but thought I read someweres that different speed bikes use diff chains

do you guys advise upgrading bearings before installation
I've had my 3 spoke mag wheels for over 3 years now on the sealed bearings that came with it...Still running straight and true, with no issues so far.

1 other thing I was told by seller to buy a specific 22t sprocket for the bike side
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Single-Speed-Tooth-Sprocket/dp/B00LOXYASK

is single speed as good as it gets for the bicycle side of things.
As long as you have no real need or desire to pedal it around, yes, it will be just fine...If I ever get stuck, I have many friends with pickup trucks that can pick me and the bike up...lol.

Oh do I need a dif chain I had planned when removing derailer to cut origional chain but thought I read someweres that different speed bikes use diff chains
When I changed my sprocket to the Sunlight 22 tooth, I went to my friendly neighbourhood bike shop and had them give me a chain along with some extra links because mine was a single speed with either a 16 or 18 tooth sprocket with the old coaster brake before changing out to the mags...(chain needs to be longer because of bigger sprocket), I do not know if the multi-speed bikes have a different type chain or not.

Someone else here in the forum should be able to answer that one for you.

Everthing else I used and how I put it all together is in my "tutorial" found in the link below.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yeah after looking things over mainly my wallet I went ahead and canceled the order for this style adaptor, like most you guys on here it didnt set right with me paying hard earned cash for something I can fab up in my small shop. or something similar anyways...
I think those adapters are dangerous. You don't want your brakes failing when you are zooming down the road

So Im having problem stopping along with wheel vibration, my set up is as follows on my main ride, kent bayside 2600 metal frame 26in bicycle, has rim brakes

and my motor setup is a ported yd 100, with hp carb, currently 44 tooth rag joint sprocket and factory rims and tires, have added a dual hand brake to try and help along with costliest sets pads walmart currently offers btw are junk. anyways I know mag wheels are not the best choise but were my best option on ebay were i had no choise but to do my shopping at the time.

I added pics of the listing I bought thats currently in route to me hoping there here tomorrow sept 21 for my 40th birthday, first one in over 20 yrs drug free so this is my treating my self for my hard effort down this long and somewhat lonely road I chose to walk down finally, any how Im having trouble finding out all stuff I need.

list of stuff I know I need is front and rear disc adaptors for my bike as it sets rim brakes are all she has im hoping the aluminum bibe berry adaptor will work for this but dont know.

amazon made me a vine voise (who would of guessed) sop i have 2 sets of brake disc rotors coming one is 160mm other 180mm both work with my mag rims or supposed to. brake cables for new disc brake calipers.
need to fig out front and rear brake calipers

biggest issue is understanding the bicycle chain side stuff kit supopposedly comes with motorized bike cog and its adaptor.
and lastly a front caliper bracket

Guys and gals if any inhere atm, I know my posts a mile long, and I know Im asking a lot from strangers but thats just it we may be strangers but I have read many many of hours through this forumn along with watching youtube and surfing the web, but if theres any things that you bike gurus know and will share with me i would be forever thankful,

and last Its weird but I wanted to add this. last couple yrs of trying to get to this point of sobriety, or this llong of a run in sobriety, I can honestly say this, this hobby of ours may no strike that, this hobby of ours is whats gave me the power and will to keep going its all to easy to fall back into the drug game life however want to address it, esp coming from a rural place like I am from. many nights I sat here reading and studying all you guys work on here and it helped keep me away from the places I wanted to be done with and atm I find myself in a good place, shoot I dont know of any druggies around here would drop over 150 into tires and rims and abiout to drop another 120 into remaining pieces needed.

thanks and again sorry for long posts this makes twice, please go easy on me admin.
You need a drive sprocket with 9 holes, they are VERY close to the center and will mount to ANY disk brake mount, DONT USE PAD BRAKES ON THOSE RIMS, IT WILL MAKE THEM FAIL!! they are made of aluminum and are not designed for it, they specifically forbid rim brakes for that reason. If you can't make the disks work you are better to simply wear hard sole boots and stop by putting your foot on top of the tire on the rear fork behind the seat

You need a drive sprocket with 9 holes, they are VERY close to the center and will mount to ANY disk brake mount, DONT USE PAD BRAKES ON THOSE RIMS, IT WILL MAKE THEM FAIL!! they are made of aluminum and are not designed for it, they specifically forbid rim brakes for that reason. If you can't make the disks work you are better to simply wear hard sole boots and stop by putting your foot on top of the tire on the rear fork behind the seat
I hope this helps you, congratulations on 20 years of sobriety, I know it's difficult so you enjoy the freedom and the wind brother

Attachments

• IMG20230713172030.jpg
    IMG20230713172030.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG20230628162143.jpg
    IMG20230628162143.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG20230628162133.jpg
    IMG20230628162133.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG20230619232714.jpg
    IMG20230619232714.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG20230619232633.jpg
    IMG20230619232633.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG20230619232734.jpg
    IMG20230619232734.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 20
You are definitely "tardy to the party" on this one...He solved that long time ago, like 6 months ago...Please, in future look for the dates that are on each and every posting before replying to old news.

Back