Building Michael's OCC with a 79cc Predator

Today was sunny and my bearings arrived from Amazon part no. 6202-2RS. They are sealed on both sides and slightly larger than the tube so I ground it out, basically just removing the treads did the trick. I'll get some 5/8" shaft stock at ACE and start on the overall design. I'm just gonna wing it and see how it turns out. More to come................
IMG_5954.JPG
bearing .JPG

I was noticing on this jackshaft plate there is no way to mount any kind of protective cover. It would have been nice for the mfg. to include these 4 threaded holes. I think I might bend a piece of aluminum to cover the top and front of the chain. I'll use 4 pieces of All Thread and a tube that will slip over them to create a spacer for the cover. Four Nylocs will keep it in place. This cover might be the last piece on my bike, but I'll be ready for it.
IMG_5951.JPG

Today was sunny and my bearings arrived from Amazon part no. 6202-2RS. They are sealed on both sides and slightly larger than the tube so I ground it out, basically just removing the treads did the trick. I'll get some 5/8" shaft stock at ACE and start on the overall design. I'm just gonna wing it and see how it turns out. More to come................
View attachment 210955
View attachment 210956
Did you measure the inside of that bearing? Looks bigger than 5/8". Find yourself a piece of pipe the same size as the hole, close is good enough, use that as a crush sleeve to prevent the bearing from being squeezed into the BB when you tighten it all down.

Of course I measured the inside, C-mon. I did consider the crush sleve idea to keep the bearings from migrating inward but after inlarging the opening there became a lip which prevents the bearings from moving. After these photos I drilled and tapped a 12-24 hole on the inside of each bearing to further insure it's permanent location. I'll insert a short 1/2 inch machine screw there. I can't do the sleeve idea because I have some other things going on at the center of the pedal shaft that I will explain later in this post.

Of course I measured the inside, C-mon. I did consider the crush sleve idea to keep the bearings from migrating inward but after inlarging the opening there became a lip which prevents the bearings from moving. After these photos I drilled and tapped a 12-20 hole on the inside of each bearing to further insure it's permanent location. I'll insert a short 1/2 inch machine screw there. I can't do the sleeve idea because I have some other things going on at the center of the pedal shaft that I will explain later in this post.
I was talking about the inner race more than anything, if you put too much pressure from tightening the crank against the inner race the bearing will fail.
I went back and looked at my picture........................and you're right. The I.D. looks way oversize. :oops:
I was just comparing the hole to your thumb, 1 thumb= 1".

Attachments

• 20240327_153016.jpg
    20240327_153016.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 11
Myself, like so many of you, are finding it is nearly impossible to remove the drain plug from your 4 stroke engine, or simply don't want to clean up the big mess when you drain it. This company has what you need. https://drainzit.com/
I decided to just make my own which required rethreading the drain hole with a 1/4 NPT tap. To keep the shavings from going back into the crankcase I connected my airbrush compressor (35psi) to the vent hose. This created a stream of air coming out the hole, along with a little residual oil. LOL I sprayed some carb cleaner on the threads to clean them off when I was done. BTW, the hose is 5/16" ID.

IMG_5962.JPG

Myself, like so many of you, are finding it is nearly impossible to remove the drain plug from your 4 stroke engine, or simply don't want to clean up the big mess when you drain it. This company has what you need. https://drainzit.com/
I decided to just make my own which required rethreading the drain hole with a 1/4 NPT tap. To keep the shavings from going back into the crankcase I connected my airbrush compressor (35psi) to the vent hose. This created a stream of air coming out the hole, along with a little residual oil. LOL I sprayed some carb cleaner on the threads to clean them off when I was done. BTW, the hose is 5/16" ID.

View attachment 211097
My simple solution is to use a siphon pump to extract oil from all of my small 4 stroke engines.

Back