Butch's EZM Recumbent

B

Butch

I just finished installing my EZM kit on a recumbent that I built over the winter. I had to wait for the weather to warm up here in Minnesota so I could get it painted. I like to pedal along with the motor so I made a 72t. chain ring out of .125 aluminum. I went for my first ride today and other than a minor belt tension adjustment it ran great. Did not open it up all the way but cruised at 30 MPH at about 6800 RPM. It's quite a bit quieter than the Grubee GB. It's gonna be a fun summer.

Attachments

• EZM Bent1.jpg
    EZM Bent1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 517
  • EZM Bent2.jpg
    EZM Bent2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 405
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Butch..ENO (Down Under)..Mean..You wouldnt want to hit a tree on a that..but I suppose you could woodchip the garden with mess it made..Original shape and design..bet you get the looks..See ya ENO

Nice looking 'bent. That big ring is dinner sized for sure.

Try turning your recoil starter clockwise one click, it will be easier to pull from the seated position I imagine. It will make the 4 look funny however. I did this with my conventional mount and it works great! Took off the 4 sticker btw. Looks like a perfect place for a MB sticker, if I had one that is.....

Long term you might want to put a bracket from the back of the drive up to your rack somehow to stiffen it up?

Last edited:
NICE RIDE BUTCH

I bow down to those who can build bikes from scratch.... maybe one day!!!!!!

Yeap its going to be a fun summer in Minnesota,

safe travels VP

I found it really nice. Very unique one!! Keep up the good work!!

Back