California the commy state what is legal here?

Very limited.

It seems the AQMD (air quality management district) has a problem with small gas motors, too much pollution. Everyone can own a lawnmower, but you can't drive one down the street. Same reason you can't use a pocket bike on public property. So, we're stuck with electrics. The limitations there are also pretty strict. The attraction is the one time fee for license and plate, avoiding annual registration and insurance. They call them motorized bicycles. If it's gas you're pretty much limited to commercial products, again pollution controls. If it's electric and has pedals, you are limited to 1000w and 20mph on level ground, even when pedaling. My bike can hit 25mph on a sprint without a motor. If it's electric only you're limited to 2 gross brake horsepower (1493w), and 30mph on level ground. So,... they don't want you in traffic. Even though bicycles have the same rights to the road as cars. You are supposed to keep to the right as far as it's safe. Safe? That's a judgment call. So, if I don't think it's safe to be riding in glass and gravel, I can use the lane. If you want something faster it has to be called a motorcycle and meet all the DOT restrictions, be registered annually and insured. No wonder we're dependent on foreign oil. With the advances in battery technology and electric motors they need to make electric transportation more attractive, not less.

It seems the AQMD (air quality management district) has a problem with small gas motors, too much pollution. Everyone can own a lawnmower, but you can't drive one down the street......

You can own a gas powered mower.... for now...... get ready to push a reel mower. Just like the 1800's - which is the lifestyle they want you to live.

I like Texas for this very reason. While it's oddly not the most friendly state for MBs, I think this is just because the law is so vague.

You can own and shoot a rifle when you are 5, but have to be 18 to buy one. You just need to fill out a one page form to buy a rifle/ long gun. You can carry a handgun in the public when 18 and can transport one concealed in a trunk. A license is only required for a concealed hand gun at 21.

The cities are left to decide things like smoking bans. Our legislature only meets once every other year for a maximum of 140 days at a time.

California needs to start removing their ridiculous laws.

Back