Calling all Colorado springs MB enthusiast's

dchevygod

Local time
10:36 PM
I'm new here to COS and need to make some friends. I was hoping there was a few ppl local so we could get together for a meet/greet, ride and possibly find a isolated 1/8-1/4mi. Strip for some drag competition, maybe grill some burgers and drink some suds.

Anyone interested let me know on here first then PM me.
I also have a couple gopeds, if anyone has one they're more than welcome just let me know so I can plan to bring mine as well.

This is just a feeler so please if you are local think about how/where we could throw a good MB party. And not be hassled if we want to line up for some drags. I'd make classes to keep things closely matched, i.e. shifters are a class all there own. Small and large bore 2 strokes, mini and large 4 strokes all in there own class. And we can just go with the flow of what shows up lol.

There's a few in CS, up here in Denver there's a bunch. You know there's supposed to be a trail from Denver metro to CS. I travel on the west and northside mostly.

I know this thread is a tad old, but I thought maybe bumping it might get some more folks on here.

I just built my first bike and am trying to get more of my buddies to do so, but would be stoked to find some other riders here in the Springs! There's a long road up near the Upper Lake Gulch Rd. exit that I want to go ride, but riding with others would be much more fun!

Cool! Where are you located in the springs? I'd like to get together with ya for a ride. What kind of bike do you have?

I have a vintage Huffy Santa Fe with an HT kit, an extended intake and a slightly shaved piston skirt. I live up off Stetson Hills near Vista Ridge. Still finishing off my first tank, but already can push 30mph around the neighborhood. Hopefully I can put some decent mileage on it this weekend!

If your down I'd like to get your friends going with non kit bikes. Yes there more expensive initially but in the long run are way more reliable. I'll be riding tomorrow, let me know when you're free to get together for a ride.

I'd be fine with that, most of is are broke downhill skaters though so the kit might be the only option to start haha. I used to race ATVs when I was younger and wanted a motor to tinker with, so I grabbed the kit, but I will definitely be picking up a better motor in time. I have class tomorrow so I might just get a neighborhood ride in, but I'll be sure to let you know when I'm free to go on a longer ride!

I'd be down, but I was working on my motor yesterday and the retaining ring for my piston slipped off my pliers and flew across the garage into no man's land... So until my new ones come in or somebody has one that I can buy, then I'm screwed til later this week. Or if you know anywhere I could find a similar one in town, that'd be great!

A cir-clip? Hmm I may have one but I don't know if it'd be the right size? I've only worked on a few HT's, never owned one. I have a goped that can keep up with my bike if you want to ride that? I'll go look thru my parts and see what I got.

Back