Calling all Colorado springs MB enthusiast's

I've used some spring steel and made a cir-clip before. Do you have a small keychain ring you could cut and bend?

THANK YOU! I have been trying to think of the right material to make one and that would be perfect for now! Thanks! I'll probably be able to ride tomorrow though.

Better than stock! Much more snug. It runs great after the port clean up, more torque, but I need to find a new jet because it 4-strokes terribly after 3/4 throttle.

I've got spare walbro carbs for my gopeds. Turn a screw don't open up a float bowl and change a jet. We would need to figure out a manifold but adjustment screws are the easiest way to tune. Let me know if you want to attempt a retrofit.

I have a few different models of carbs some small bore some large bore. Too bad my other HP carb for my bike "wyk58" has a high speed adjustment screw snapped off in it :( that'd be the right size for a large bore motor like your HT. I hate float bowl carbs with a passion!

I have yet to use anything other than a float, ever, even when I was racing ATV's, so I wouldn't know the difference really. I've always been jetting and have never had a carb with an adjustment screw. I would love to try to retrofit one, whether it be the Walbro or a different one. I'm a huge fan of tinkering and making small adjustments here and there, and trying out new things which may not be typically done, so count me in on that one! I could probably come up with something basic with some aluminum or copper piping, but I'll be starting my welding classes this summer and all my semesters afterwards, so once I really get into it, making custom manifolds and exhausts will become a huge part of my free time.

Well now I actually need a new carb... I just snapped off one of the "petals" on the part that goes over the manifold. It still goes in far enough to not leak terribly, but I'd rather not run it like that. Should work for now but a more adjustable and bigger carb sounds so much better! How much would you ask for one?

A pumper carb has many benefits. For 1 you can mount your fuel supply anywhere, it doesn't require gravity feed. 2 your fuel demand may be higher than gravity can provide, so the diaphragm pump will supply the correct amount of fuel thru out the rpm range if adjusted correctly. 3 the ease of turning an external screw for H/L fuel adjustment is sooo much easier than opening a float bowl and changing a jet, sometimes several times to get it right.

With the weather changes here in the springs I've been constantly adjusting my carb to keep me on the power. I couldn't imagine letting my bike bog or 4 stroke till I could change a jet! I'll stop and adjust it on the fly, I just installed a PPS expansion pipe today and the tune needed drastic changes. I'd be waiting on jets if I had a float bowl carb!

Not thinking about what I'm currently running. I have a single feed wt-257, a wyk-219 unadjustable"with a leaner jet" and a wyk-138 with only a low speed adjustment. My spare wyk-58 has a broken adjustment screw :(

I think that the single feed wt-257 with H/L adjustments would work best for you. I have only about 50 miles on that carb "that was new" before upgrading to a wt-813 "same carb as the 257 but with feed/return for fuel primer and an accelerator pump" I'd sell you the carb with throttle linkage and goped manifold for $45 and I'll help you get it mounted. The pulse hole will be the hardest part.

Back