Carb Leaking (have not even started the bike)

shocker

Local time
7:03 AM
I just assembled a 80cc motor kit onto my bicycle and hooked up the fuel line. Once I poured gas into the tank and it went down the hose, the carb starting leaking. What am I doing wrong? Did I skip a step? Someone please help

Is the carburetor level with the engine clamped in the frame?

If it is, remove the fuel bowl and make sure the float and needle valve are ok.

Sometime tapping the primer button rapidly will fix the problem without opening anything up. (worth a try)

Make sure your drain screw at the bottom is tight and that there is a red washer in it.

Check to make sure the float is not defective and filled with gas.

Mistakes happen- ensure the carb is right side up- bowl on bottom.

I've had five kits and everyone leaked gas out the carb when I first gassed them up. If I pushed the primer button several times they quit leaking.

Primer button problems. It starts and then died and leaking from it to
I know that you are new to the forums, but there was a warning written in red telling you to open your own, NEW thread in order to get help.

It said the thread was over three years since anything was posted here...Re-activating OLD threads accomplishes nothing.

The last entry on this thread was 2009...Thats 13 years ago...please open new thread with your problem in a little more detail and not cut off mid sentence like your posting here.

I, for one, will not give an answer to someone anymore on a thread this old since ive seen this happen so many times in the year ive been on the forums, that the ADMIN of the forum took the time and effort just last week to put that warning in read to all in the forums so that they could see it was an out of date thread.

Otherwise, i do welcome you to the forums and in future PLEASE read those thingy's marked in red as well as the date of the posts which are marked in the upper right hand corner of the posting...It will make your problems stand out in a thread of your own and others in the forums will be happy to help you solve your problem...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Back