Carby CARB!!!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by JasperAsh, Feb 13, 2007.

1. JasperAsh

JasperAsh Guest

hey, like many here, i have problems with not enough space for my carb, looked around and found this, cheapy egg timer from a dollar store
    take off the back cover, the timing mechanism should be housed in a nice metal cup
    [​IMG]
    look how nice it is, drill many holes for the air flow, plus 2 holes to line up with the stiock screws
    [​IMG]
    the filter goes right in, and the plastic spacer goes on as usual
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    you can mount it, it saves space like, 1/2 depth
    for rain you can cut up a soda or beer ;) can and soder it to the top like a cover :) hope you enjoy i know im happy i thought of it, the damn stock plasic cover bothers me anyway -paul

2. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

nice work... i like it, maybe i should try that.... :D

3. JasperAsh

JasperAsh Guest

CARB UPDATE

tooled it all up today, it fits great!
    [​IMG]

4. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Good idea

I think that looks better than the original one.

5. Barret

Barret Guest

Dude...an egg timer?! Hey, it DOES look better than the original. Nice job, man.

Oh, and the Superman and Transformer shirts?? Ya gotta love it! :cool:

6. JasperAsh

JasperAsh Guest

haha thanks, and its bizzaro superman.
    thanks for the feedback, i love thinking outside the box, and yesterday because of the snow i had alot of freetime at work lol
    -paul

7. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

YES! This is what I really dig- adaptive re-use, backyard engineering, and total creativity at it's best. Keep up the great work!
    Rif

8. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Air filter

Ya, I like your style.

9. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

Ahh, reuse in new context, one of my favorite activities!

10. JasperAsh

JasperAsh Guest

i try, i try, id also like to put out an open invite to people to ask me for help if they need something thought outside of the box, i like to think im a prety smart/creative guy, plus i always love to help and need help myself sometimes, aim SN......jasperash -paul

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i like your attitude, that's what MBc is all about :D

btw-i moved your technical and fabrication topics into more suitable forums than the bike gallery 8)

12. JasperAsh

JasperAsh Guest

ya i noticed lol thanks

13. Very cool. I'm a big fan of adaptation and reuse of regular household items.