Carburetor pouring gas

It was probably a stuck float then. I'd shut the fuel off and clean the bowl with some carb clean so it doesn't stick again
I rebuilt the carburetor and it runs great now. The float was full of gas so it would not float anymore. Recently installed a mz65 pipe too and it feels great.

…:The float was full of gas so it would not float….
I had one like that too. What kind of knock-off baloney is that? A float that sinks? No longer a float..it’s a sinker.
I tried shaking the fuel out of the float…it was full. The fuel in the float wouldn’t budge… didn’t want to come out.
I drilled a small hole in the float then used my compressor to blow it out.
The inside seam of the donut is where it leaked in.
This was all just to find exactly where the fuel got in.
Then I threw it in the trash and ordered a new carb.

The float was full of gas so it would not float anymore.
I hope that means you at least replaced the float too, I mentioned this in my first reply to this thread that this was a possible cause of your problem...lol...If you didn't replace the float, it will happen again.

Sounds like either a stuck float or a possible pin hole in the float itself, (which happened to me once), causing it to stay depressed and allowing gas to flood in uncontrolled.

I hope that means you at least replaced the float too, I mentioned this in my first reply to this thread that this was a possible cause of your problem...lol...If you didn't replace the float, it will happen again.
I put the bad float back in because I needed to ride the bike back home. I’m going to drill a hole and empty it and re-seal it. The bike works fine even with a bad float. I just turn on the gas tank to fill the carb then shut it off when it’s full and repeat as I ride.

Back