Carburetor pouring gas

I put the bad float back in because I needed to ride the bike back home. I’m going to drill a hole and empty it and re-seal it. The bike works fine even with a bad float. I just turn on the gas tank to fill the carb then shut it off when it’s full and repeat as I ride.
Just remember that a whole new replacement carby for that is only $11.99...And if your running the basic kit supplied NT, The Bofeng is bettter.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’m going to drill a hole and empty it and re-seal it
I tried resealing mine the one time I had a bad float...Didn't work...For a whole 11 dollars and 99 cents, I was not gonna be farting around with that, my time is much more valuable then the paltry amount it costs for a replacement carby.

I put the bad float back in because I needed to ride the bike back home. I’m going to drill a hole and empty it and re-seal it. The bike works fine even with a bad float. I just turn on the gas tank to fill the carb then shut it off when it’s full and repeat as I ride.
That seems like a lot of work

Just remember that a whole new replacement carby for that is only $11.99...And if your running the basic kit supplied NT, The Bofeng is bettter.

I’m thinking about restarting my entire build with a new carburetor and a new bike frame. The faulty float wasn’t a big deal because I just opened and closed the gas cutoff to keep the bowl full, but since my last ride spokes have bent and came off of my back wheel and I noticed some damage to my frame from the chain rubbing. I have the kit on a chromoly frame track bike w/ 20c tires, looking at using a steel cruiser frame.

Attachments

• B8F387E8-494B-41BF-802A-A9705597DF27.jpeg
    B8F387E8-494B-41BF-802A-A9705597DF27.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 53
  • BE2CE9F3-CCC9-4BAE-B5C1-89F0A7CBEDB8.jpeg
    BE2CE9F3-CCC9-4BAE-B5C1-89F0A7CBEDB8.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 67
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back