Carburetor

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Justin Wozniak, Apr 26, 2016.

1. What is the metal push button for on my carb.im trying to get my 2 stroke engine to run again.i was riding and I hit a pothole and the engine just stalled.the engine starts but it dies within 10 seconds.the engine dies as soon as I pull in the clutch to lock the clutch pin.

2. 45u

45u Active Member

It is called a tickler. When you push it pushes the float down flooding and give it gas for starting. Many old British and other motorcycles had them years ago.

3. I had no idea thanks!!!.do you have any ideas on why my engine is stalling.?

4. 45u

45u Active Member

When you say stalling do you me when at idle it cuts off or when you give it gas it does not want to pull? More information please.

5. the engine starts right up but it has no pull,also I give it gas and still nothing it just boggs down and stalls.if I start it and push in the clutch lock mechanism it stalls immediately

6. Please any idea would be helpfull.my engine has the "speed carburetor" right now.i just ordered a new ngk spark plug,NT carburetor and a new cdi coil

7. The engine maybe has 10 miles on it.everything went bad as soon as I hit a pothole

8. 45u

45u Active Member

Have you tired to idle it up? When you say speed carburetor are you talking about the SHA clone? I am running a SHA clone on mine with out a problem.

9. I idle it up as soon as it starts but it doesn't really idle high.im not sure if it's a clone or not.i bought the NT from the bikeberry.com website

10. 45u

45u Active Member

Next thing is to look for air leaks.

11. Would the engine still start if the magneto was broken ?

12. 45u

45u Active Member

NO as if the mag was broke you would not have fire for it to start.

With a air leak it will start but will not run properly. Do you have the o-ring between the intake and the carburetor?

13. Any ideas on why the engine stalls as soon as I push in the clutch clock?

14. 45u

45u Active Member

It will not idle it will not stay running will not take gas as I said before check for a air leak. I asked once do you have the o-ring between the carb and the intake?

15. Yes i have the o-ring between the carb and the intake.i was thinking about buying a new intake that actually has a o-ring on the intake but decided not to.i did notice that the carb was a little loose.i tightened it down but I still have the same problems.

16. Yesterday I started the engine and as it was stalling I heard a real loud "pop" noise.ive been told it could be a misfire.thats why I bought a new ngk spark plug.

17. 45u

45u Active Member

When you put the carb on did you make sure it was pushed on the intake as far as it will go hold it there tightening it?

Are you sure the o-ring is not messed up?

18. Yes I pushed it on as far as I could but I didn't hold it and tighten at the same time.i really appreciate you chatting with me by the way!!

19. 45u

45u Active Member

Wish you where closer I get you to bring it by and we would fix it.

20. I've heard the woodruff key could be a problem on these 2 strokes.can you tell me where the woodruff key is on the flying horse setups?