Catastrophic failure

Routine maintenance is the key to longevity, regardless of what it is. The best way to fix a problem is to catch it while it's a small problem, not letting it become a major problem.
Yup, I found the seat of my carburetor needle was leaking enough to make my bike flood and not want to fire (the BT80 hates having too much fuel. If you run choke to long or kill it with choke it is very hard to start). I pulled the carb, and sure enough the seat was dirty. So I stuffed it in the ultrasonic cleaner and put a new one I had laying around on. I also took the time to clean the air filter. While I was in there I decided to throw on the C&C intake manifold to see how it works.

Proud American's have already been reproducing the New generation Whizzer parts such as the Cylinder and Head and an overwhelming powerful OHV cyl top end kit too,
I run an American Made Cyl on my Whizzer and so do others who are on this forum (y)

Good for you, Wrench! The new production Whizzers were just SO popular, that's why one sees them on the road, on E-Bay and dealers everywhere still extolling the virtues of the Whizzer-NOT! Most people under 50 don't even know what a new production Whizzer is, much less what the post WWII Whizzers were. Austin is a huge town and I've seen ONE Whizzer engine on a vintage bike, courtesy of Craigslist. I did work with a retired boiler technician who remembered owning a Whizzer motorized bike as a teenager, but he retired years ago. BTW, Wrench, if you read my posts you'd realize that my Grubbee 49cc was stolen, and that I am working on a 66cc build. Again, I never compared the Chinese 2 strokes or Mopeds to Whizzers or each other. They're all in a sub class, IMHO, as they're all slightly different with their own unique histories-Gearhead437

Good for you, Wrench! The new production Whizzers were just SO popular, that's why one sees them on the road, on E-Bay and dealers everywhere still extolling the virtues of the Whizzer-NOT! Most people under 50 don't even know what a new production Whizzer is, much less what the post WWII Whizzers were. Austin is a huge town and I've seen ONE Whizzer engine on a vintage bike, courtesy of Craigslist. I did work with a retired boiler technician who remembered owning a Whizzer motorized bike as a teenager, but he retired years ago-Gearhead437
I roo have only ever seen 1 whizzer. It wasn't even a whizzer, just the engine. It was the model J engine if I remember right.

This is the bike. It was at a gas station/ bike shop in Redmond Oregon

Attachments

• 20230420_193951.jpg
    20230420_193951.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230420_193944.jpg
    20230420_193944.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 55
Back