Chains chain breaker for 415 chain

Park tool normal size more or less worked on mine. Occasionally it packed up but we could make it work. No good for putting rivets back in the chain though.

BSA

I'm with Bill, Buy a hand grinder. Grind off the tips and pop the link out. Then you get to use the grinder again and again on other projects.

Yeah...I'm not paying $110.00 for a chain breaking tool I will barely use. I'm going to get the angle grinder and grind off the tips; then knock out with a hammer and centre punch.

I used just a hammer and centre punch today with the chain in a vice. It worked but the chain plate bent a little bit. So I'll use the grinder as well; just got to go and purchase one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just removed the parts of a cheap chain tool that were in the way.They break off quite easily.
One of those removed parts is for lining up the chain tool pin with the chain rivet. The other is for loosening the tight link after pushing the rivet back in.
With those parts missing, a little more care must be used to line up the pin with the rivet. The tight link can be loosened by placing your thumb on the tight link, and flexing the chain sideways.
Be careful to not push the pin all the way out, but rather leave the pin slightly protruding on the inside of the side plate. That way when you put the ends of the chain back together the protruding pin will hold the ends together, making it easier to push the pin back in.

Attachments

• DSC06181.jpg
    DSC06181.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 613
Last edited by a moderator:
this $3 beauty hasn't failed me yet...the rest is just like smitty sed...sometimes the channellocks come in handy :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Back