Chain Tensioner Chain Tensioner / Silencer for Stretch Setups

Damn Dogg , you've been busy this last 2 weeks....keep up the good work Bro. 8)

you know it, loco...good news about your clan :)

trying again, different angle on different spring

41_Mvc484f_1.jpg

41_Mvc483f_1.jpg

good excuse for another test ride :)

40 miles, not one problem :)

well, maybe the heater hose. i'm gonna put fresh surfaces (new hose) on the rollers tomorrow. i think if i have them centered right they'll last a good long time. if not, i'll find something else because i love the bearings, they're smoooooth 8)

i'll happily report that the rollers work well, the angles and direction of pull seems good. i'll have to find something else for the roller surfaces, tho. the heater hose is fine all the way down to the nub, but i only got about 60 miles out of it. i have some nylon cutting boards, all i need is a coupla hole saws.

surfacing the rollers

Hey Augi, why not try running on the steel with a little grease?

Mike

i did, mike...but i need something to keep the washers spread, they slip onto the bearings and are kept in place by the hose...i'm on the lookout for some brass or copper tubing, that might be nice.

Lil problem

Augi, I wonder what would happen if you used something like JB Weld, to fix one washer to one bearing, and again on the other side? Let it cute overnight, and then maybe all would be well?

Mike

'fraid not, mike, not with these particular bearings, they're designed to be placed in the end of a pipe to make jackshafts or axles. when they're placed face to face there's a sloppy gap, and my only option is to sandwich a 9/16" length of "roller" (hose or pipe) between them. i do agree a smooth metal surface could do a nice job, tho.

Back