Sprockets Chain wont stay on sprocket

Take the back wheel and sprocket to a bike shop and see if the bmx chain will fit the sprocket before purchasing. If it fits like the chain you have now, you can be fairly certain it is the sprocket that is the problem. FWIW I run #41 chain, 10 feet is under $15.00 at Tractor Supply Co. if you have one locally..

Take the back wheel and sprocket to a bike shop and see if the bmx chain will fit the sprocket before purchasing. If it fits like the chain you have now, you can be fairly certain it is the sprocket that is the problem. FWIW I run #41 chain, 10 feet is under $15.00 at Tractor Supply Co. if you have one locally..

The BMX chain fit the sprocket perfectly. So i guess its the chain. Where can i get a new chain that is long enough? I dont know of any tractor supply company around here. do u know of anywhere else? and what size do i need?

First I would contact the vendor and explain the problem. The chain I use and have seen on here is #41 chain. You have anyone locally that sell scooter, go karts, maybe motorcycles? maybe Ebay....You could also go with what Fetor suggested.

IF your having chain problems i suggest u either contact the vendor or get a better chain that is known to fit(KMC K910 Kool Chain)
If u opt for the KMC chain you'll need 2 cos u just miss-out with links with 1.

Good luck and let us know how this comes out.....

Thanks everyone! i just printed out directions to a tractor supply company thats about 35 min. from my house, so i might go there. but im gonna check the small engine shop right down the road first before i waste all that gas! Thats another reason i want this bike working ASAP! Because gas prices are only going to go up. (im not meaning to start an off topic thread. i was just saying its crazy!) I will keep you posted on how its going.

Good Deal Andrew. Well if you do go to TSC and get the chain, you might want to get some extra masterlinks, the chain comes with one, I think they were $1 or $2 for pack of 5. I would think a small engine shop would also have chain..

Good Deal Andrew. Well if you do go to TSC and get the chain, you might want to get some extra masterlinks, the chain comes with one, I think they were $1 or $2 for pack of 5. I would think a small engine shop would also have chain..

yea. i will probabaly grab some of those while im there. i still havent gone. but i will tell you what i got when i do go. thanks!

Your chain is not the same pitch as the sprocket is. The question is: Is the chain wrong, or is the sprocket wrong? The chain must be a proper fit to the drive sprocket. If it fits the drive sprocket properly, then you don't have the proper wheel sprocket. If the chain doesn't fit the drive sprocket properly, then the two sprockets are probably correct and the chain is the wrong size.

i think you have the wrong chain, ive been working with bikes and motorcycles for 50yrs and have never heard of saving some chrome off

Grinding the chrome off is sometimes a resolution to the problem. The chinese do such a bad job of chrome plating the sprocket that it leaves an excess build up sometimes. Mine was horrible, but with a little time and a dremel it was fixed. Lack of quality control.

Back