Cheap bikes vs quality bikes

darwin

Local time
11:58 PM
Well I'm done with cheap bikes. By that I mean list price of $200 or less there abouts. I have a Schwinn Link that I bought from wallyworld and everything about is just cheap. I have a DB bike that I got off of craigs doing some trading and its the best bike I've ever owned, It listed for like$379 when new. Everything about the DB is superior to the cheap bike. I mean rims, brakes, derailleurs, chain, cables etc. Even when riding it you can tell the difference. Done with cheapass bikes.

Yeah! :)
I bought 3 used Felt cruisers recently and they are way nicer than
the Target Schwinn Jaguar's I have been using.

I only own one bike that is post 1987, you're better off with an 80's or older bike of decent quality.The difference in the quality of the steel being the first factor, and second the fact that they were built to higher standards component wise, not the "what's the cheapest we can make this for" frame of mind.Look at Bridgestone, Fuji, Raleigh, and others for used quality.Better to buy used quality, than new garbage.

Of course used but a quality bike. I just can't see paying 4/500$ for a new bike. Its like night and day the difference.

Back