Cheap HS 142-F Clutch Springs Source?

When does the clutch begin engagement with the new springs and what is the stall speed? Also let us know if and when one pops.

I just went on a short 3 mile trip with the new clutch and of course the clutch was super tight and low end torque was horrible. Top grip and speed was the same about 32-33 mph. I am going to take out the new clutch and put in the old with new springs tomorrow to see. The old clutch arms are very loose due to use so that will help with low end torque versus the new clutch with really stiff arms.

Also, I might be a dummy the new springs might be the same as the old. Maybe, I didn't count right 9 vs 10 (seems like 10) and the old spring I used for measurement might have been lengthen from engine use.

If it engages too soon it might stall while standing at an idle, if it locks too soon you'll see a drop in your torque because it'll be well below the rpm for peak torque at full lock. Do you have a tach? As long as there is no slippage both clutches they should have an equal top speed, it's engagement and stall speed that should be of concern. What rpm does the new clutch begin to bite and what rpm is full lock?

Last edited:
Oke, so I put the old clutch back on with the loose arms and guess what it broke apart on me... I think it musta been the 35mph I was going. So, the arm came completely out of the bolt hole in the clutch and I am not gonna try to put it back in since it failed once already.

The springs performed the same as my old springs. The springs are most likely the same springs from BikeBerry and that comes with these kits. I think when I was comparing the two I used an old spring that had wear so it was longer than a new spring and I probably miscounted the number of coils in the new spring, it has 10 coils (same as springs from the kit).

I put the new clutch back in and while the pick up isn't as good as my old clutch with loose arms I think it is okay. Conclusion, you can buy replacement springs on eBay for $0.47 a pop with fast shipping from China (~ one week).

Back