Clutch Basket w/ Sealed Bearing Info

francisjohn

Local time
2:56 AM
The sealed basket is a fantastic upgrade. I've split and re-assembled baskets and it's a pain in the rear. The gear teeth comes right off as soon as you remove your flower nut and clutch plate. This is nice because if you ever need to replace the teeth only, you don't have to split the basket. It comes in handy when pressing in the 7.5mm crank seal, and getting the woodruff key in crankshaft for the bevel gear. My buddy ordered his off of eBay and got a dual keyway (2.5mm and 3.0mm) mine was 2.5mm, but came with a 3.0mm key 😡

It comes with a 6809-ZZ bearing that is just pressed over the backing plate. I highly suggest buying the cheapest 6809-2RS bearing you can find, and remove the metal shield on the bearing and press in the 6809-2RS seal (you just do it with your fingers) This allows you to regrease it and inspect bearings. Buying a 2RS bearing means if you get two seals, so if you damage one, you have another!

The basket had barely any grease. Without removing the shield and pressing in a 2RS seal, I would of never known.

The cheapest 6809-2RS bearing known to man

Sealed Bearing Basket

Attachments

• bearing one.jpg
    bearing one.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 89
  • bearing two.jpg
    bearing two.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 81
  • bearing three.png
    bearing three.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back