Clutch is STILL always engaged

Patdon & mastafoo.
Before you throw in the towel try one more thing.
Remove clutch cover. Its on right side of bike.
There is a little flower looking thing. There is a screw holding it in place.
The screw will be the next thing to strip. don't lose it.you want to get the right size when you replace it.
Might even check clutch adjustment. Search it.
Cover is off. Srcrew is out. move the flower looking thing a notch at a time.Mark where you start. if its not working one direction tr the other. check after each movement. If you did strip the screw get a new one befor you ride it.( radio shack or dimantle someons computer).
Patdon,Take out the extra ball bearing before you do this.
Might read some posts on clutch and clutch adjusting.
Don't think either one needs to be sent back. sometimes there just a bit touchy.
Good luck guys.

Unless you have the special tool that was suppsed to have come with the kit or the bike if the motor was already installed, there is no point in trying to take it apart. Ya have to remove the large gear first, preferably with the chain on so the engine don't turn, then remove the small sprocket in much the same way. That's what the special tool is for.

Tap the whole shimozzle out, and tap out the bearings, take note what way round they are in.

Hold the shaft and unscrew item 16, the spring falls out.
Then you will see if Item 22 is jammed up, next to the threads where Item 16 screws on. It is there where the lathe work is unfinished,
quality fade.

Clean it all up, smooth the action with emery or wet and dry, whatever gets the roughness out, work it all without that spring, plenty of molly grease and take it apart again and reassemble with the return spring and tap it all back together again on the engine.
Then do it all over again blind folded.
Post pics of your progress will be great to.

It reminded me of rifle training when I did this, cos that's what that pin on the centre of the shaft seems to resemble, a firing pin.

Last edited:
Stuck clutch fix

I had this same problem. Brand new engine. Stuck clutch. I messed around with it for a couple of days....researched forums, etc. Quite by chance, I unscrewed the thing on the top of the engine case... the deal that holds the clutch cable. I took it completely out and found my clutch worked. That thingy apparently was screwed so far down (the threaded hole goes completely through the case) that it was interfering with the clutch mechanism. Fortunately there is a lock nut which allows the gizmo to be backed out and then locked down. No problems after that. Hope this helps.

Back