Clutch problems

Andrew1234

Local time
11:19 AM
I recently did some porting on my bike and now when I hit the power band it starts to slip BAD and like really bad and I can tell it has a whole bunch more power from porting and I tried adjusting and putting new clutch pads on and nothing worked

I assume you know how to properly adjust the clutch. Which pads did you use? @Jayraye39 has done a bit of prototyping on a better clutch. Maybe he has some hints for you
I used both the black and white clutch pads and the red ones and I looked at a YouTube tutorial on how to properly adjust a clutch and it was the same

I looked at a YouTube tutorial on how to properly adjust a clutch and it was the same
Well let us see if youtube tutorial is identical to mine then, shall we...lol...Follow these instructions EXACTLY, to the letter, and see if that does or does not solve your clutch adjustment problem.

Well let us see if youtube tutorial is identical to mine then, shall we...lol...Follow these instructions EXACTLY, to the letter, and see if that does or does not solve your clutch adjustment problem.

It’s better I tried it but it does slip a significant amount

I can only say something isn't adjusted correctly then...Like maybe the spring under the clutch cable tunnel bolt on the bottom part of the motor assembly needs to be tightened as well?
That also helped in the slightest bit but I honestly think I might need a high performance clutch to hold up to the torque/power I’m making

Back