Clutch question

Radio Salad

Local time
5:12 AM
I've been building a kit over the winter and am finally getting things lined up. It took some help from some pros, and quite the educational thing. Loved learning as I go along trying to tune up the carburetor and get all the parts in line. But here's a good one. So, as it's cold, the clutch is perfect. I put the lever in the locked position with no resistance on the engine. Can move the bike around with no problems. As it gets warm and I attempt to tune the carb one step better, it seems the clutch gets tighter. By that, I can't put the lever in the locked position without it grabbing on to the engine and it wants to roll away under the power of the engine. What causes this? Understanding the cause can help me fix it. Thanks.

I've been building a kit over the winter and am finally getting things lined up. It took some help from some pros, and quite the educational thing. Loved learning as I go along trying to tune up the carburetor and get all the parts in line. But here's a good one. So, as it's cold, the clutch is perfect. I put the lever in the locked position with no resistance on the engine. Can move the bike around with no problems. As it gets warm and I attempt to tune the carb one step better, it seems the clutch gets tighter. By that, I can't put the lever in the locked position without it grabbing on to the engine and it wants to roll away under the power of the engine. What causes this? Understanding the cause can help me fix it. Thanks.
Follow my little tutorial on clutch adjustment TO THE LETTER...lol..,.It should cure the problem...It is probably no more than backing off the flower nut one notch or two...lol.

Yup, the clutch is out of adjustment. Also make sure your cable is adjusted tight. If it has slack in it it might not be pulling out all the way

Back