Cops: Man hits motorized bike rider with shovel

thats what happens when you live in a liberal city.

What the heck does that have to do with anything? Stop trying to inject politics into discussions. And Kane county is actually pretty evenly balanced, politically. Not that a 24 year old from SoCal would know that...

I've read several reports on this.

His attorney is essentially arguing (insert Chicago lawyer accent here): "My client was standing there doing some yard work when he tried to signal the maniac rider to slow down and that rider ran into my client's shovel!"

Think I'm over-stating it? Here is the exact quote:

"Mr. Milder was trying to warn the rider that he better slow down and quit horsing around before he ended up hitting someone, and then Mr.Milder ends up being the one that gets hit by the biker." [emphasis added]. I can only hope that quote is a mistake.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7520-Chic...les-man-accused-of-whacking-biker-with-shovel

As an attorney, I understand that you need to represent your client zealously, but if you can't say something half-intelligent, don't say anything at all. You have no idea how much I wish more lawyers would follow that advice.

I don't know- have no way of knowing, but that defense has shades of the old domestic battery defense- "she ran into my fist."

According to Keller, Milder was working in the front yard when he saw the motorized bicycle "speeding" up and down the street, where the rider had "no business being with that contraption." He said Milder then went to the side of the road to try to get the driver to slow down, but the driver couldn't stop, and struck his client.

How is it that the man "had no business" riding his bike there? Was it a public street? Does Mr. Milder have any authority to say who can uses the public streets?

Tim

There was a hearing scheduled 8/11, but I cannot find any info on whether it actually occured as scheduled, or the outcome if it did. Since these are felony charges, I'd bet it was a preliminary hearing in any case, and those are often re-scheduled.

I did some searching myself and couldn't find his name in the inmate locator's.

It's a little confusing because 1 article says MO and the other IL?

Back