Cops: Man hits motorized bike rider with shovel

Thats totally screwed up. Who is this guy to tell somebody else that they can't ride whatever on the roads. That's law enforcements job. Get the **** back on your lawn and mind your own business, jerk. I might be able to understand if the MBer was on the guys lawn buzzing around him or something but what excuse does this guy have for being in the middle of the road with a shovel anyhow? Filling potholes?
Just because theres no arrest record doesn't mean this guy isn't disturbed. Maybe he was on chantix and just needed a smoke! Who knows.

If you were speeding in a car and a neighbor hits your windshield with a lawn chair smashing it as you race by guess what?
Neighbor has to pay.
I seen this in The People's court.
Shovel man assaulted the rider.
How fast was he going?
More than 25 mph?
Isn't that the posted speed limit on side streets?
I don't think in my realistic mind that he was going faster than 20.
He needs a good lawyer and Shovel man needs some jail time.

I agree with Large. Some of the hikers I encounter on the Santa Fe trail in Colorado Springs would shovel me if they could. I'm always courteous and pedal past pedestrians with the engine off on trails but sometimes it does no good.

If you were speeding in a car and a neighbor hits your windshield with a lawn chair smashing it as you race by guess what?
Neighbor has to pay.
I seen this in The People's court.
Shovel man assaulted the rider.
How fast was he going?
More than 25 mph?
Isn't that the posted speed limit on side streets?
I don't think in my realistic mind that he was going faster than 20.
He needs a good lawyer and Shovel man needs some jail time.
Only problem I see about this is how to prove what speed he was going at, unless he happened to have a speedometer and looked at it as he went down.

I'm licensed to carry in about 45 States. If somebody swung a shovel at me for no reason, they'd be getting burried 6-18 troy ozs. heavier. Depending which one I had on me that day.

I don't care where you live. Ya swing a shovel, bat, stick or fist at somebody, you'd better be ready for consequences if you don't finish the job. In this case the MBr wasn't armed according to the report. This guy should be jailed for a long time.

Even if the MBr was doing 100mph, shovel boy don't have the right to hit him, even if he was a cop!

Stupid shovel weilding idiots that try to act like they are the protectors of society, hitting people on bicycles, need their testicles removed - with a shovel!

yesterday afternoon ,a lady riding the Pinellas Trail here in St. Petersburg wasnocked off her bike by a guy hiding in the bushes,robbed at gunpoint and then the guy beat her on the head with the gun. Sunday.

yesterday afternoon ,a lady riding the Pinellas Trail here in St. Petersburg wasnocked off her bike by a guy hiding in the bushes,robbed at gunpoint and then the guy beat her on the head with the gun. Sunday.

WOW... speechless.

after reading the story my guess would be they had already had words.then the guy with the shovel jumped in front of the biker and held the shovel out.and the biker couldnt avoid him.

the lawyer said he couldnt stop.and this explains that.

Last edited:
Back