Carby Correct throw for throttle?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by aceofspades, May 12, 2016.

1. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Switched to a cone carb and it came with a cable. I cut the cable to shorten it but forgot to measure the correct throw. Crimped a cable end onto it and it holds fine. Will solder it this time though.

Also do I wire the kill switch to the white wire or to the black and blue and cut the white wire off.

Also was interested in a magneto mounted Dynamo anyone got any experience with one, will it reduce performance.

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

cut off the white unless you want to run lights and don't mind a weak motor.

mag mounted dynamo will reduce performance. energy isn't free. that said, it won't reduce performance by much. personally, I just use cheap lantern batteries to run led lighting. it lasts ages
  3. aceofspades

aceofspades New Member

Yeah that's what I figured. I have a flashlight. But the I thought it would be sweet to have permanent lighting especially since I wouldn't have to take it off everytime I parked it. Would be worried about someone grabbing the flashlight.

But yeah do you have any idea about the throttle throw (the distance between the cable housing and he end).