cruise control

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by spokeytoke, Aug 17, 2010.

1. spokeytoke

spokeytoke New Member

I couldn't find a band that would make the throttle stick when I wrap it between the throttle grip and plastic cover that houses the kill switch. So I took off the throttle grip and put a piece of friction tape around the handlebar, then slid the throttle grip over that. Now the throttle will stick when I want, but it would be safer if it would spring back to idle.

2. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

if you REALLY want cruise control (i am still wondering why anyone would want it on a mb) you need to look at motorcycle parts. there is a black plastic "cruise control" that goes on the throttle, between the grip and the throttle housing. you push a thumb lever down to lock the throttle, and flip the thumb lever up to unlock the throttle.
    something like this, but there are other types out there. just check e-bay and get one that's safer than that set up you have going on now.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. spokeytoke

spokeytoke New Member

That tape thing didn't work out so well, but I did figure out why I was having the problem. I had replaced my handlebar grips with foam grips, so the band would slip out of place.