"Cutting tension" :o ; )

Local time
4:45 PM
I have a bone to pick on which choice will "cut the most tension" between me and the drive line.

So there's a so called double bearing tensioner which is said to "roll smoother"

Now on the other hand the Teflon tensioner comes in a pair but is more likely to break down over time how ever when it gets ready to go out it will roar or vibrate as well.

Now here's some interesting intake from the automotive industry.

In timing systems we see plastic idler tensioners which fail without warning, but this can also be said about nylon timing gears mainly in the late 80s into 90s when they age they chip away which slowly leads to chain jumping the sprocket gears which is lined with nylon as to quiet the system down preventing timing cover noises.

Now if we speed this up we still use nylon as well for solid steel set ups but of the two the longevity is slightly more predictable which means would steel be a great upgrade to make a long story short.

Take a look at this:

s-l400.jpg

Wouldn't this one have to be oiled or greased to prevent premature wear at wot as a guide only?.

Last edited:
Skate board wheel, file the center grove for chain, has 2 bearings. 4 in a set never run out, quieter rubber type material

I don’t like the look of the bearing set up

It would give the chain a hard time imo, if it had a sprocket it would be nice.

I don’t like the look of the bearing set up

It would give the chain a hard time imo, if it had a sprocket it would be nice.

Well I got a new stock one on order sitting at the P/F...

I'm looking at changing the bikes front suspension ATM, I don't want to spend a grip on a fork only but I do have a salvaged seized mongoose ledge front fork that's worth fixing to an extent my question is that how can I unstick a seized shock and will a 26 inch front shock work with a 622mm x 20 700c wheel I can apply the stock brakes back to the front or do a full upgrade. I just need direct compatibility.

Well I got a new stock one on order sitting at the P/F...

I'm looking at changing the bikes front suspension ATM, I don't want to spend a grip on a fork only but I do have a salvaged seized mongoose ledge front fork that's worth fixing to an extent my question is that how can I unstick a seized shock and will a 26 inch front shock work with a 622mm x 20 700c wheel I can apply the stock brakes back to the front or do a full upgrade. I just need direct compatibility.
Yes comapatibility can be a bit of a head ache
You would just have to see if the wheel fits, I’m not familiar with the differences on forks and wheel sizes.
If you post photos and measurement I’m sure a lot could help
I’ve just been through it myself with my gas bike frame and knew nothing.
Googling and looking at different bikes I finally got my head around it
Once you know the differences you will be on your way

Yes comapatibility can be a bit of a head ache
You would just have to see if the wheel fits, I’m not familiar with the differences on forks and wheel sizes.
If you post photos and measurement I’m sure a lot could help
I’ve just been through it myself with my gas bike frame and knew nothing.
Googling and looking at different bikes I finally got my head around it
Once you know the differences you will be on your way

Wander if their is anyone online that knows how to make custom spring loaded suspensions on here *homemade*

Wanted to gut my spare parts suspension fork and extend the tubes or swap if it's not to hard I watched a video of a rst teardown and was hoping if anyone knew if it's just intentions caused by punching the chrome tubes that the spring threads into on the fork.

If I could I'd weld a drilled out internal washer during tear down of my mongoose ledge 2.1 seized fork.

My idea is to take the tubes and punch them out.

Swap them with longer pipes and thread in the springs.

The idea is to simulate down hill fork custom height at a fraction of its cost If possible one would swap the seat to a standard Schwinn chopper version.

High front end like a deer, 7 speeds but the hybrid look like a road bike.

Back