dax airfiler lol wow

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by gauge, Aug 28, 2007.

1. gauge

gauge Guest

who has actualy went for alot of miles with the stock air filter on the dax engine i mean its worse than k&N and there not the best, i couldnt belive it but i got my engine running so im happy.

2. rcjunkie

rcjunkie Guest

3. gauge

gauge Guest

rc junkie what engine do u have ?

4. gauge

gauge Guest

what im trying to say is the filter looks like it will dust the motor very fast

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

they all do, it's not a dax thing.

6. drimpact

drimpact Member

I have used my kit foam filter for all of my miles. I do occasionally rinse it out and re-oil it with 10-30 oil.

I tried a thicker foam filter, but found it to constricting so went back to the thin one.

In one instance I used cheese cloth oiled with motor oil. Works well also, the dirt sticks to the oil, when it gets to dirty to breath, throw away and re-oil some cheese cloth. Not to many layers though, these little motors like free flowing air flow.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

you seem confused... dax sells engines, they do NOT manufacture them
    unless you spring for a better carb or make your own filter, this is the best you're gonna get
    there are a couple of filter how-to's here
    do a search and check them out

8. gauge

gauge Guest

i know that howell makes the engines im saying i couldnt beleve that filter, i do however love my bike now it has the engine. thanks for all ure help guys and y doesnt daxs website have a shopping cart.

9. gauge

gauge Guest

i noticed the same thing when i put a thicker filter it bacicaly chocked the engine i couldnt get over 10 mph