Dax GP50R Whodunnit?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by psychedelicode, May 23, 2012.

1. psychedelicode

psychedelicode New Member

Who's got one? How reliable is it? It's a morini clone I belive (looks awfully similar to my nephews ktm sx50).
    and the question that we all have been waiting for: How fast is it REALLY? I mean 9hp is a lot of pull for a 49cc. That boxxer thing from pypline/santa cruz is about that and it has issues keeping rear wheels intact from the power.

The reason I'm asking is I am debating one for the next build. I found a full suspension frame at my bike shop that looks awfully like a cruiser and was thinking of doing a cafe racer type bike with it. It just wouldn't be proper if it did less than 50mph.
    and, yes, I did search. Someone is doing a worksman with one but I lost the links.

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Sounds more like a small motorcycle than a motorized bicycle.
  3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I know nothing about the motor but what i've read. Imagine putting a 9hp motor on a wallyworld bicycle. Kinda scary huh?
  4. psychedelicode

psychedelicode New Member

Yeah, Small motorcycle but the idea is more to gear it down to like 35 (the 50 gear would be for fun) tops and pull a trailer, gear and 100Lb lab dog. It would be driving 250-400 miles each trip.
    Even a wally framed mongoose isn't a half bad bike if you put good components on it. The frame (literally just a frame) that I'm getting I "THINK" is a Micargi cheetah. It's the only beach type bike that i can find with a rear shock mounted the way it is. However, The forward triangle has a third bar like the old schwinns do that drops down from the top tube to the bottom tube. Its going to be verry similar to this ( http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0669.jpg ) one that I found searching the boards, except it has a shock on the rear like the cheetah. Wheels are going to be 48h velocity psychos, laced to a set of profile 48h disc BMX hubs. Fork is a triple clamp mazocchi left over from my old specialized stumpjumper. and It will have a threadless headset pressed in instead of the threaded and springer that are there right now, and I have a set of 12v pocket bike levers signals and lights that will make their way onto it running off a small battery. (although it would be nice to find a 12v disc front dynamo hub in 48hole).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2012