Dirt bike conversion

I got suggested on reddit that i should make a double linkage for the rear triangle. Also he said that it will make Less wear and it will make the shock behave better if you had a bottom bracket. Can someone explain with simple words what does he mean?

Here, this might help. I would say it is unnecessary and ads complexity. Just go with a regular mono shock design

Attachments

• giant-maestro.jpg
    giant-maestro.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 35
I have only ever seen dual pivot on high performance mountain bikes. For my riding, rigid frames and forks work the best. Save weight and less to maintain. Weight may not seem like an issue with these kits but the less weight you have to move, the further your power goes. Fatter tires with supple casings dampen the road buzz very well. I also like thick grips and bar tape.

It's your money, your time, your tools and your material. Do what you think is best and look at what already works. Motorcycles and bicycles have been using single pivot since someone thought to put suspension on the rear.

If you use a jackshaft that's concentric with the pivot you don't need to worry about chain tensioners.

Here's a collection of historical suspension. Not sure how well any of it worked but it interesting and inspiring. https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/tour/spring-frames/

I have only ever seen dual pivot on high performance mountain bikes. For my riding, rigid frames and forks work the best. Save weight and less to maintain. Weight may not seem like an issue with these kits but the less weight you have to move, the further your power goes. Fatter tires with supple casings dampen the road buzz very well. I also like thick grips and bar tape.

It's your money, your time, your tools and your material. Do what you think is best and look at what already works. Motorcycles and bicycles have been using single pivot since someone thought to put suspension on the rear.

If you use a jackshaft that's concentric with the pivot you don't need to worry about chain tensioners.

Here's a collection of historical suspension. Not sure how well any of it worked but it interesting and inspiring. https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/tour/spring-frames/
Kk ty!, btw I got idea of using dual rear suspension because of Maico 490 mega 2, when it was made in 1981 it dominated offroad races and its style of frame is still used on current dirt bikes and it's cool but sad story inspired me to start this project.
Here's some of its pics:

Attachments

• img_fomK7q9pSm.jpg
    img_fomK7q9pSm.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 32
  • maico-mc-suche-1981-maico-mc490-mega-2-rahmen-und-teile-twinshock_147585322.jpg
    maico-mc-suche-1981-maico-mc490-mega-2-rahmen-und-teile-twinshock_147585322.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20231204-001310~2.png
    Screenshot_20231204-001310~2.png
    736.5 KB · Views: 33
Back