disk brakes only in font? is that ok??? or dangerous??

hheltzer

Local time
1:23 PM
hello, so i just found out i my bike is not disk compatible, but i found out i could just change the front fork to a disk compatible one and only have disks in the front.. will only disk in the front be ok? will it be unsafe? will it be fine? y or y not?

Is more than enough stopping power a bad thing?
Look at how many motorcycles have dual discs on front.
If you grab the brake as hard as you can you could get into problems.
You are smarter than that, aren't you?

You want brakes on both wheels, type doesn't matter, disc brakes just work better.

At the end of the day hheltzer, you need your brakes to be far more efficient than your motive power..

If you can't reliably stop in "ALL" condition, you've got serious problems if reqiuiring to make a panic stop to avoid injury.

In dry conditions, rim brakes are acceptable, but suffer from poor braking once the rim heats up and the area where the two sections of rim join together start to distort; causing ever increasing brake pulsation - not a good thing.
In wet weather, rim brakes are less than useless.

Disk brakes are by far the best method of stopping as they work well, regardless of superficial rim damage or if the conditions are soaking wet.

Disk brakes (and the most powerful mechanical combination you can get) are the way to go, as they allow a dual pull arrangement, unlike hydraulic setups.

Fabian

Back