Unable to mount rear sprocket

molash

Local time
9:14 AM
Hello all,
My friend and i want to build a motorized bike, this will be our first build. We got a nice bike to mount the motor to ,however we are unsure if the rear sprocket can be mounted along side the rear disc brake as there seems to be very little clearance, keep in mind that the motor has not arrived yet we are just speculating at this point. I will attach photos. We have considered other drivetrain options like either having output on the right side of the bike then connecting the output chain to the crankset directly or getting rid of the disk brake and somehow mounting the sprocket in its place and then just using regular brakes. Please advise.
The bike is a giant roam
Thanks
20230529_184656.jpg
20230529_184627.jpg
20230529_184647.jpg

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. The kit probably wont come for a while so dont expect any updates soon.
just to answer a couple of questions :
the bikes disc rotors are 160mm and unfortunately its an aluminum frame so probably no bending and the kit is just some cheap 80cc kit of ali express as options here in the uk are extremely limited.

ps Damien that cruiser is pretty neat, not really a fan of 3 spoke wheels but bike looks clean, its a shame you cant really get bikes like that over here for cheap

molash

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. The kit probably wont come for a while so dont expect any updates soon.
just to answer a couple of questions :
the bikes disc rotors are 160mm and unfortunately its an aluminum frame so probably no bending and the kit is just some cheap 80cc kit of ali express as options here in the uk are extremely limited.
ps Damien that cruiser is pretty neat, not really a fan of 3 spoke wheels but bike looks clean, its a shame you cant really get bikes like that over here for cheap

molash
I have the same frame as Damien. I got it on Ebay for $118 shipped. I guess Ebay is different over there

I guess the tour guide quit...lol.

View attachment 192662
This is not the tour, but cool never the less.

This was how it looked before mags and disk brakes and customisation when I originally put it together in the Spring of 2020.

It might give ya a few ideas when your putting your build together...This was its first motor, the Zeda 80, I had put on it originally.
It presently is running the Phantom 85.

DSCN0172.JPG
DSCN0173.JPG
DSCN0174.JPG
DSCN0175.JPG

This was how it looked before mags and disk brakes and customisation when I originally put it together in the Spring of 2020.

It might give ya a few ideas when your putting your build together...This was its first motor, the Zeda 80, I had put on it originally.
It presently is running the Phantom 85.

View attachment 192664View attachment 192665View attachment 192666View attachment 192667
It still looks amazing even without the mags, phantom engine, and large gas tank.

It probably has to do with the security settings I have on my computer, I do not run Microcrap Windblows, I run only Linux Operating Systems with much better security than Windblows...lol.
It's totally funny, A lady I know that lives up in the mountains is coming to my house right now with her computer because right after a Windows update, Microsoft is now requiring her to have a Microsoft Windows account from now on in order to even be able to use her brand new Windows computer...lol...She refuses, just as I would...She wants me to put on the Linux OS that I use and totally get rid of Windows...lol...lol...She has had enough of Microcrap Windblows...lol.

Back