Dive gear is jammed

Rockjaw

Local time
2:26 AM
Hey all..i just bought another 2 stroke 66 cc and put it on my bike..the drive gear is stuck..just doesnt turn ..i used the spark plug tool to try and turn the gear but it doesnt budge...any idea what to do? thanks!
RJ

first, open the clutch cover & take the flower nut off to see if the shaft turns, if so check the crankshaft/piston stuff

i removed flower nut,the drive gear turns with flower nut off but when i put it back on with the spring the gears on the clutch side are jammed.maybe just a bad motor

look in the gear teeth between big gear & bevel gear to see if something is stuck in there (a woodruff key can fall out during assembly and bind things up)

if it looks good, then take off the bevel gear and see if crankshaft turns

yeah the key was laying next to the gear but i took off the bevel gear ..i put it back on but its locked up..bevel gear wont turn

take the bevel off again, go to other side & see if the crank will turn by turning the rotor nut

if not, you'll need to open the top end to see what's holding it

yeah youre correct ..i opened it and the piston was stuck ..i oiled it and freed it up...so now its moving..just 1 issue..i have no clue where the woodfuff key goes into the bevel...i see a slot but just have no idea ...is it really important to have the key in? because it seems ok without it now..just wondering what it will do under pressure

without that key, it can spin and eat the end off your crankshaft - after putting key in and getting gear on, take out spark plug so you can spin motor quickly and check the bevel gear is not on crooked (wobbly)

Back