Do the kids frequently go nuts when you go by?

professor

Local time
10:23 PM
Around here, especially the little kids are captured by my appearance when I go by.
Now, this is NY where motorized bikes are not legal (mine is a moped but looks like a bike) so it is quite a novelty.
Interesting that even the real little ones readily recognize a bike.
How is it by you.

The local kids around here just look at me with a blank stare. There are quite a few MB's zipping around so they are not a new sight.

Little boys mostly stop in their tracks. A lot of dads with small kids too.
I live near a school and like to ride by the baseball diamonds when the little leagues are playing.
I can plan on distracting at least 2 or 3 on the field when I ride past.
I think it's fun to peddle backwards. It makes them befuddled.
Little kids like to yell stuff at me, but with a full face helmet and fairly loud pipe I need to learn how to lip read to understand them.
It's all part of the fun.

Kids will run into the middle of the road to try to stop me and ask me about it. Kids will also yell questions at me from cars. It's fun.

Usually the teenaged kids ask me if they can ride it. Of course the answer is always "no", as I don't want to chance getting my butt in a sling with anyone's parents, the law or my insurance company. The younger kids usually take a long look at it and say "nice bike", or try to race me on their bicycles.

I love the look of pure joy from young kids being carted around town by their Moms. I know that later that day Dad will hear about it and eventually I will meet him. Cool way to spread the word.
Teenagers are a different story, they are interested in how fast and what can be done.....all of the ideas are (ultimately) just the judgment of an adolescent and not good for our hobby.

Back