Does anyone really get 100+ mpg?

oh ok ill try the porting and polishing on a old pocket bike head so if I stuff it up it wont matter, and ill cut off half the baffle and probly put a 76mm main jet in which I know probly wouldnt help with fuel consumption but oh well my motored bike is still cheaper to run than my car.

you will come up with someTHING that works out just fine for you
it happens one way or the other

many of us carry a backpack
a very small bottle of two cycle oil -- measured out just right so as to add to 1/2 gallon of gas
so if you happen to get caught out away from home
pull into gas station -- buy 1/2 gallon of gas -- mix in carried oil
would be a winner -- just in case

MM

Last edited:
Yea just get yourself a few of those fuel bottles at the camping store.
The work great. I also got 2 bottle holders at wal-mart that have a adjustable rubber strap that holds them good and tight.
After riding for a while you will know how long you can ride on one tank.
and plan accordingly on weathor or not to carry extra fuel.

oh yea I found some fuel bottles that matched my bike paint perfectly !!!
It looks kinda cool ....

Most gas stations sell 2 stroke oil... When I had my HT bike I ALWAYS wore a backpack with all the tools I would need and a bottle of two stroke oil.... Usually I would close the petcock, put oil in, then put gas in and shake my bike back and forth...

One time I forgot to close the petcock and poured the oil in and then the gas... the oil went straight into the card... it ran like ****... could hardly get it to turn over... I had to open the carb and empty it and then remix the fuel...

My HT days are long gone though and now I run a 4 stroke.... much nicer I think.... don't have to mix gas AND you don't smell like a lawnmower when you get to where you were going.

im getting between 166-200mpg.
48cc dualstart starfire gt2 grubee 48t sprocket 26" bike ,me=120lbs
top speed so far 32mph, i can go faster but the bike will explode.
average cruise speed 20mph
thanks macarollo, thats what happened to me at the gas station,i forgot to turn the petcock to off when i put the oil in,but it did start atfer a bunch of pulls and it ran fine after thou,but i'll remember to turn off the petcock nextime.
and a 2oz bottle of oil is not hard to carry with u,it will fit in pocket.
and nomatter what engine you have they all smell like gas anyway not oil.
i keep bike in house, so i cover the gas tank vented cap and the carb air filter using plastic bag and hair ties but it doesnt get rid of the smell completly.

Last edited:
BTW. Pablo sells 2-stroke oil - one of the options he offers is a synthetic in 1.5 oz packets (looks sort of like an over-sized ketchup packet :)) Just enough for 1 gallon of gas (at 100:1), or a half-gallon at 50:1 (what I use) or 1 quart at 25:1.

I bought a few, so as to keep one in my back-pack for an emergency.

Last edited:
As far as fuel capacity goes BGF sells a 3/4 as well as a 1 gallon tank on ebay. I bought the 1 gallon version and running out of fuel is pretty hard now.

cheers

i am looking for the fuel tank that is usually on the jesse james chopper bicycles. where can i find those?

I have calculated that I get a solid 45mpg......

Bad intake manifold gasket, 4500 miles, constantly gunning it.

Back