Does polishing the motors crank connecting rod help performance?

No, the rods are all the same. There is no bases for needing a yd/ld rod other than a longer stroke.
Did you mean to say they are the same except for a longer stroke? I've built a couple of long rod V8s and that will change the torque curve for sure. I would expect that this also disturbs the port timing which needs to be addressed. Thanks for the explanation Chainlube.

Did you mean to say they are the same except for a longer stroke? I've built a couple of long rod V8s and that will change the torque curve for sure. I would expect that this also disturbs the port timing which needs to be addressed. Thanks for the explanation Chainlube.
Just that the quality is the same. I know there are 38 and 40mm stroke rods in CG, but not sure if the difference is all rod or a crank/rod combo.

The plan for the engine I want to build is a saw highbrid with a 38mm stoke crank with the yd100 rod and ms460 jug. This combination gives for pretty good port timing right off the bat and a good torque curve.

Back