Votes: 7 36.8%
  • full choke no throttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no choke half tickle throttle.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wizzer and 80 cc

Which one is a better engine the wizzer or the 80cc china enging. Price difference difference in power reliability? Weight. Some one compare and contrast for me.

I am wondering this as well. I'm getting a Honda Rebel soon. but I also want to build a new motorbike and I'm having trouble deciding on the motor.

I had a kingsmotor 80cc for awhile, and it was powerful, fast, light weight. but the noise and constant repairs were driving me nuts.

I heard whizzers have a crappy top end becuase of the side valve design, and you can only increase performance so much (removing the restrictors). but to get real power you need to redesign entire parts of it.

Honestly, it's like apples to oranges.
They are completely different beasties.
The OLD (1998-2004 WC-1) Whizzers have a bad top end, the new ones (2005- current NE-5) have been re-designed and in stock for do very well.
Don't use mine as any example, as we HEAVILY modified it; I didn't prove it out, and make all the minor adjustments before attempting to ride it across the country. I'm still adjusting, but I am up to 45 MPH on it now, and more to come as I get everything tuned properly...
Anyway, back to your question-
Any two stroke will get more power per stroke over a four stroke. That's just due to design and the way they work.
The whizzer is a heavier engine, but is 148cc, it cost's more (the engine kit is around $699.00), as compared to the much lighter, and cheaper (I haven't priced the 80's lately, but my last one a few years ago was around 300), yeah there's the maintenance and repair, but well, honestly this hobby is a tinkerer's hobby- of all the bikes, my rack mount systems required the least amount of maintenance and repair, but the bike itself was always in need of P.M. (preventative Maintenance) just by virtue of the vibration and pounding of putting an engine on a bicycle, this is going to be neccesary.
Um, the Whizzer (NE-5) needs only to have the intake plate bore opened up to match the carb and port size, and the muffler baffle modified. Most people only remove the fiberglass packing from around the baffle and call it good.
My little 80cc two cycle, I've only improved the intake/exhaust gaskets, and get up to around 28-30 M.P.H.
Again it all depends on your intentions, what you'd like to use it for and all that, and really for a low maintenance machine, perhaps a GEBE kit is something to consider. I have no experience with them, but there are many members here who love 'em.
I myself have many different combinations for different purposes, including my 100 cc honda motorbike 1/2 size chopper which I use for commuting, running errands, etc.

Just a few quick comments concerning the "out dated" 4 cycle side valve motor used on new production Whizzers. The latest motor from Whizzer called the "NE" has set new speed records, and in fact is very close to the OHV conversion in top end. Several "flat head" Whizzers have approached or exceeded 70 MPH on Kenny Thomas's "roller road" dyno. With a few minor modifications the average new Whizzer will bury the speedometer, and easily cruise above 50 MPH. The changes needed to make the motor more powerful are basic and easy to complete. Simply open the intake restrictor to .750", replace the muffler insert with a Hi-flow unit [approx. $20.00], have the head milled .070", and replace the head gasket with a copper replacement. For speeds above 55 MPH the motor will require several additional changes, including a larger 26 MM carburetor, mushroom lifters, increased intake port I.D., and a modified combustion chamber in the head. Contact me for more information or where to obtain modified parts.
Quenton

Trike

Has anyone seen the trike at K-mart it is a schwinne, and has 26" wheels on it. Has anyone tried to motor one yet. I think it is called a Maridian. It's really big.

i rode it in the store. seems pretty nice. looked like plenty of room for a motor. got some weird looks going up and down the isles lol

Ya, about 239-240 the sales ladie said that it will be on sale soon for 225. I really liked it. If anything it would be cool to put one of those electric wheels on the frount from spooky tooth.

Heavy duty trike

Check out this trike I just got!

Attachments

• Trike.jpg
    Trike.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 235
Back