Electric Rocket Sled

KCvale

In memory of KCvale 1959 - 2019
Local time
9:50 PM
This was a fun 'special needs' build.
The customer has COPD so he needs to take a battery powered breather along.

He picked out the Sun EZ3 USX HD 21-speed trike and had me 'make it go' with a generous budget.
http://www.utahtrikes.com/PROD-11617617.html

2_E-trikeR-1280.jpg

2_E-trikeL-1280.jpg

I put a SickBikeParts.com 48V system with a 960V LI battery in it.
It also has a 48V-12V converter to power the lights and his breathing machine.
It also has a 'dash board' with electric system analyzer, speedometer, and light switches.

Of importance also please note the front wheel has a V-brake, and both back wheels have discs.

Do you remember how it felt to ride a go-cart when you were young?
That low to the ground, it felt you were going 30mph but in reality it was more like 5mph?
Well, this actually goes 30+mph and stays on the road, and it feels like 60mph!

This was a fun 'special needs' build.
The customer has COPD so he needs to take a battery powered breather along.

He picked out the Sun EZ3 USX HD 21-speed trike and had me 'make it go' with a generous budget.
http://www.utahtrikes.com/PROD-11617617.html

2_E-trikeR-1280.jpg

2_E-trikeL-1280.jpg

I put a SickBikeParts.com 48V system with a 960V LI battery in it.
It also has a 48V-12V converter to power the lights and his breathing machine.
It also has a 'dash board' with electric system analyzer, speedometer, and light switches.

Of importance also please note the front wheel has a V-brake, and both back wheels have discs.

Do you remember how it felt to ride a go-cart when you were young?
That low to the ground, it felt you were going 30mph but in reality it was more like 5mph?
Well, this actually goes 30+mph and stays on the road, and it feels like 60mph!
That is cool, I have asthma and I had contemplated putting a 12v fish tank air pump on something (anything really just because it would be cool, strange I know) and be able to carry a nebulizer on board!

Seems like a crazy idea but inhalers aren't always available or remembered, and not as effective as a nebulizer it seems. A bike feels like an intelligent place to keep your spare lungs, all things considered.

That is cool, I have asthma and (it would) be able to carry a nebulizer on board!
That's what it was called.
It tucks in the back on the left where the waterproof 'cig lighter' 12V socket is.

E-trikeLrear.jpg

Might want to carry a 12V de-fib machine too ;-}

When I get closer to 60 I'll worry about my heart, for now it's just fine aerosols I've got to deal with.

What are those binocular/jet fighter engine looking things on the back axle?
The De-fib machine is for the heart stopping ride, not your age ;-}

The tail light is a 12V motorcycle AfterBurner...
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Afterburner-LED-Taillight-Turn-Signal-Lamps-p/35-040.htm

Afterburn-Style-Motorcycle-LED-Tail-Lamp-05.jpg

Afterburn-Style-Motorcycle-LED-Tail-Lamp-22.gif

You can see a little black button facing up on each side of the steering bars to work the turn signals but he really wanted those jet fighter twin afterburner lights and they did turn out fitting ;-}

Thanks guys, it's nice to get kudos for the effort of one my prize builds as it took a lot of of time, money, and injuniuty to get it perfect ;-}

Back